New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbie.. :) Picking up my car soon..

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Default Newbie.. :) Picking up my car soon..

Well guys..

I am a newb to the Civic's.. I have already made one post in here.. but I thought I'd just let you know I am picking up a 1992 Si with 170K soon..

Now.. what are considered the "essential" mods?

Jeff

Old 06-10-2006, 04:55 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Newbie.. :) Picking up my car soon..

Hellooo and congrats on your new car. When you say essential mods are you talking performance wise or for looks? Either way, I would say the essential mods would be a new exhaust system, air intake, headers. If your car has never been lowered I would also look into getting a new suspension system and getting rid of that lovely wheel gap [:'(]. Those are the major things, you can also look into minor things like a short shifter etc. Hope this helped and gave you some ideas.

TiCkEr

Old 06-10-2006, 06:35 PM

Well, a little background..

I'm no newb to cars, been tinkerin on them for years..

Right now and the driving force behind me picking up the Civic, is I own a 2000 Trans Am, "lightly" modified, which is killing me on gas bills..

By essential mods, I guess I was refering to the bolt-on's that will pep it up a bit.. I only bought the car to commute with, so I'd like to be able to keep the economical aspect of the car and I'd also not like to sink a ton of money into it, as now, I can put more money into the TA and not worry about it being quite a daily driver as much..

A buddy of mine used to be hardcore into imports, he had a 2K Lude with a Jackson Racing S/C and Mugen everything, header, full exhaust, etc.. It was a ton of fun to drive, I loved it..

I haven't looked too much into pricing, but one thing I would like to do is throw some wheels on it, intake, header and exhaust - I just don't want to become a ricer with a huge loud exhaust that is just for looks..

I appreciate all the help, can't wait to start playing with the new toy..

Jeff

Old 06-10-2006, 11:40 PM
HCF Member

Awesome I'm a big fan of trans ams as well. About the whole ricer thing, I wouldn't call putting a full exhaust system on your car being a ricer at all because it does improve the overall HP of your car. Putting a fart can on the back and revving it every chance you got would be more along the lines of being a ricer. [:'(]

TiCkEr

Old 06-10-2006, 11:48 PM

Yeh, that's what I meant about ricer.. No fart cans please..

I think I may try and pick up a used exhaust if I can, I dunno.. We'll see.. I can't sink too much money into this thing, but I can't leave much stock either..

Not sure where I should start.. I mean, I could do CAI or a header or some intake stuff, but what's the point if I can't get the exhaust to get the extra air in, ya know?

I think maybe a short shifter just because I love them.. Can you reccomend a decent one to pick up?

I threw a pic of the new toy in..

[IMG]local://upfiles/11288/4554203110B64414B5BCD3D6C8DF166B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-11-2006, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Tram

Yeh, that's what I meant about ricer.. No fart cans please..

I think I may try and pick up a used exhaust if I can, I dunno.. We'll see.. I can't sink too much money into this thing, but I can't leave much stock either..

Your Civic looks great. Today I should post pics of our Civic after a good bath and I actually install the ebay CAI. I'm just like you, I can't leave anything alone!

Here's an idea, keep an eye on the import junkyards. You'll read on here people buying good intakes and exhausts from wrecked Civics and Integras for dirt cheap. I stop by a local junkyard hoping to score some tan floor mats. They've got plenty of Honda's sitting in there.

Good luck and have fun!

Old 06-11-2006, 11:08 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Tram

I think maybe a short shifter just because I love them.. Can you reccomend a decent one to pick up?

I threw a pic of the new toy in..

Looks really nice man If your looking for a really good short shifter I'd go with something like skunk2 or another reputable make but if you're looking for something half decent at a good price, check ebay out. Here I'll save you the trouble

http://cgi.ebay.ca/92-95-HONDA-CIVIC...QQcmdZViewItem

TiCkEr