New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbie w/ 96 Civic EX Coupe

Old 05-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Default Newbie w/ 96 Civic EX Coupe

Hello everybody...

I'm new to the forum, but I've owned my Civic for over 6 years now. Here's a list of what's in there now:

- AEM Cold Air Intake
- PowerCore performance Cat
- Neuspeed strut tower bar
- Alpine Stereo, door speakers
- Sony 6x9s in the rear deck
- 2 JL 10" Subs
- Kenwood 800w amp

I took off the PowerCore cat-back exhaust about 1 1/2 years ago - my wife couldn't stand the noise. (It's for sale, by the way. Inbox me.)

Since the car is paid off and it is essentially my play car now, I want to do to it what I've always wanted to do... make it run well and look nice again.

The body is in fairly good condition. A bit of paint missing from the bumper, care of my friend's F150, and a dent behind the driver's side door. I have a body shop connection that will repair the body and repaint the Milano Red for about $500.

With that being said, my first focus is on the mechanics. With 130k+ miles, I recently had both CV boots replaced, new water pump, timing belt, all drive belts, plugs and wires, seals, & transmission flushed. In August comes the transmission and clutch. At that point, it should be up to where it should be.

So now is where you, the community, come in. I need suggestions for what to do to the engine and body. Here's what I WON'T be doing:

- Engine Swap
- Turbo/SC
- 18" Wheels
- shaving the handles/locks

I want to keep the body kit simple - no wide mouth kit. I don't want that Miata in front of me thinking my car is going to eat hers.

I will also never buy a TSW rim again. I had 17" VX1's and they were softer than a pair of Double D's.

So, welcome me to your world and let the suggestions fly. Later, I'll post a pic of my ride now and before to give everyone a look.

Oh, and visit my world below. If you like sports, OkaySports is the place to post.

Old 05-31-2005, 10:38 PM
NTX
HCF Member
Default RE: Newbie w/ 96 Civic EX Coupe

ORIGINAL: desucks

Later, I'll post a pic of my ride now and before.......
Welcome, i think we'll need those pics tho.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:01 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to HCF! Sounds like you've got a good idea on where you're headed with your Civic. I'm no gearhead (still learning) but from what you've stated, I think I can suggest some good body mods. Since you don't want an overly aggressive body kit, I suggest going with a lip kit. It will give you a subtle, aggressive, yet stock look that I think you may be looking for. I found that 99% of the body kits out there were not my taste and the ones that I liked, were way too expensive. The Mugen lip kit worked perfectly for me and they're not too expensive. Here's a few if you want to check them out. Streetstyler.com Enjoy!!

Edit: Oh, and don't forget to drop that baby! Lowering is a must for any exterior enhancement!

Old 06-01-2005, 09:07 PM

what kind of civic is it? DX? EX? Si? coupe? hatch?

BTW, i agree with the lip kit if you want a slightly more agressive look without going too far away from stock.

Old 06-16-2005, 01:44 PM

Coming soon...

Old 06-16-2005, 01:46 PM

The lip/eyelid/grill set that you pointed me too is very nice, and exactly what I am looking for. The fact that it's only $120 is amazing... I'll be picking that up soon.

And yes, I'll be lowering it as soon as I pick out rims & tires. I'm not down with that jacked-up look.