New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newby Fran here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 04:36 PM
Default RE: Newby Fran here!

well, i live in nashville, if ya have any question about shops or anything, i'll be happy to try and help....

P.S. Welcome!

Old 11-20-2005, 05:48 PM

Thanks for the welcome..... I love Nashville... much better than K-town..... The guy to girl ratio is way better too..... too many damn women here in Knoxville and too few men....lol

Old 11-20-2005, 06:02 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: trickyvick

The Tail of the Dragon is the end all be all in the United States Federal Highway System......318 turns in 11.6 miles.
That looks pretty awesome!!

Old 11-20-2005, 06:04 PM

Yep it is... if you ever get down South... you gotta check it out

Old 11-20-2005, 06:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

ORIGINAL: trickyvick

The Tail of the Dragon is the end all be all in the United States Federal Highway System......318 turns in 11.6 miles.
That looks pretty awesome!!
That is why it is so popular.....I'm sure there are many on the boards that have heard of it......The great thing is that there are so many other roads around there that are almost as fun, you can really have a time riding there. The Mini Coopers have a group ride there every year.....I heard they had about 300 Mini's there last spring.

Hey FRAN.....I saw that you are a college grad...did you go to UT? I am a Tech grad (Tennessee Tech) myself (Engineering Program - Class of 1996) I live in Columbia (south of NashVEGAS) and I work in Brentwood......My Civic is not my baby (I actually have 2 Civics), my Honda Element is my true "baby girl"

[IMG]local://upfiles/5240/B36888E3020944F6A750F53942BCEE44.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5240/E523D5FFC783430EA0440253792FF077.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-20-2005, 07:20 PM
HCF Member

damm. I live in North Carolina and never even heard of the dragon.

I have heard of deals gap though.

I gotta go ride up there with my new civic.

it would have been even more awesome to ride if i still had my WRX. damm...

Old 11-20-2005, 07:33 PM

Yep I did my time at UT and Pellissippi State.... nothing as grand as the Engineering Program ..... Accounting/Economics... and not I work for a brokerage firm.... so essentially the paper is worthless except that everyone requires it these days. Other than the Element what other kinda Civic do you have. (any pictures)... I don't see how you can drive something that big...lol I like my cars small... had a CRX for a long time so the Civic is still almost like a tank to me... Next time you get down to the Gap ... give a shout out and maybe we can have our own little honda caravan.....lol

Old 11-20-2005, 07:47 PM

Can't believe you haven't heard anyone call it the dragon and you live so close. the WRX would have definately been great up there but the Honda will be fun too!
ORIGINAL: drbyers

damm. I live in North Carolina and never even heard of the dragon.

I have heard of deals gap though.

I gotta go ride up there with my new civic.

it would have been even more awesome to ride if i still had my WRX. damm...

Old 11-20-2005, 08:34 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fran

Yep I did my time at UT and Pellissippi State.... nothing as grand as the Engineering Program ..... Accounting/Economics... and not I work for a brokerage firm.... so essentially the paper is worthless except that everyone requires it these days. Other than the Element what other kinda Civic do you have. (any pictures)... I don't see how you can drive something that big...lol I like my cars small... had a CRX for a long time so the Civic is still almost like a tank to me... Next time you get down to the Gap ... give a shout out and maybe we can have our own little honda caravan.....lol
I was up at Pellissippi a couple of months ago, I am working on a section of the Beltway and they had a public hearing up there.......It was smaller than I expected. My entire list is included in my signature but here we go:

1988 Honda Civic - My Commuter (1.6L 5 SPD)
1996 Honda Civic - The wife's (she cannot drive a stick so she only drives this)
1993 Toyota PU - My 4X4 Pickup (22RE 5 SPD) She's slow...but with a 4X4, slow is good.
2004 Honda Element - 2.4L V-TEC (No K) 5 SPD

I have owned 5 Civic so far and enjoy the little buggars! I spend all day behind a desk so I look forward to tinkering with the cars....getting my hands dirty. I wanted to make a fall run up but it did not pan out.....with Hockey Season started, I have no spare time. We are planning a "meetup" next May for the Elements so I will be sure to invite you to join us!

Here is a pic of the "driveway", I have some more pics around here of the Civic but it's really a beater and not very photogenic [sm=alien.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5240/0441BA3BD25543A587B88D403D6FB0F6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Welcome aboard! YES, the dragon is probably one of THEE sweetest roads ever. Our local club is taking a trip down there in the spring.

Quick Reply: Newby Fran here!