New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Not exactly new, feel new

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Default Not exactly new, feel new

So, I'm not really a new member, I've had an account for a while now, but I haven't been around for a while. I don't have my 2005 LX Civic anymore. About a year ago I had a brief argument with a guard rail that left me without a front, passenger side wheel.Not a big deal, I hadn't put a lot of money into it, but I still loved that car.

So, I spent time without a car for a while. I actually went from this time last year to until November of last year catching rides with people to work. It was nice not having a car payment or car insurance payments for a while. Alas, I got the itch to drive again, and plunged headlong back into debt.

I settled on the08 Si Coupe.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Not exactly new, feel new

congrats on the new si! You are going to enjoy it more than the 05

Old 03-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Default RE: Not exactly new, feel new

Yeah, in 3 months I've put 6K miles on the thing. Man, hitting 120 on the highway and *still* having room to push is freaking niiiice.

Got a chance to embarass some goober a little while ago. I was out in Philly, weighed down with a passenger and a trunk load of luggage, visiting some friends. I pull up next to this ricer-boi in an 3rd gen Integra, with a crooked, red Honda badge where the Acura badge used to be (and the car was definitely left-side drive, no way this thing came from Japan, no way was it a Type-R either). He had some fart can dangling off the back end, and he has the nerve to blip his throttle at me a couple of times at the light. I let him spin his tires and get off the line first (also, to make sure this kid really was being stupid and trying to race), then floored it and soared past him. It was the first time I really opened it up like that, I was somewhat impressed, what with easily an extra 250lbs in the car.

I also like how I can be coming up an on-ramp, see someone speeding up to stay in front of me on the highway, and still be able to pass them by the end of the ramp. Weeee!

I gotta take it easy, though. Before I totalled my 7th gen, I had racked up 6 points on my license, had to take the points exam, and was warned very sternly if I ever hit 6 again I would be suspended. Well, in about a week it will be a year since my last ticket and I will lose points off my license -- that is, if I don't get caught again within that week. I'm sweating bullets, this car does not like doing standard speed limits. 4th gearseems to rev too high for 35mph, 5th seems to rev too low for 35mph, and 65mph on the highway seems to damn pedestrian.