New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Not So new NOOB

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 02:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Not So new NOOB

ORIGINAL: Scuzz

$2800!
[:'(] Is all I have to say to you. [:'(] again for emphasis. ( )

I paid $4500 for mine. Ahh well, ce la vie! That's what I get for needing to buy in a hurry, and being such a tool that I buy the first car that I test drive. Actually, I didn't even drive it cause I couldn't drive a stick at the time. Someone else did. Even better...

Old 03-08-2006, 03:08 PM

I know, this one was a steal sans the oxidized paint, but like I've said, I've been looking a long, long time.

The person whom I bought the car from was super nice and sent me pictures of everything about the car. He even put it up on jackstands so he could take better pics of tghe undercarriage. He also shot video of the doors opening and closing, the sunroof opening and closing and the engine dash during startup with a quick walk around and a close-up of the engine compartment while it was running.

I would have been a fool to pass on this car even if I didn't want one.

ORIGINAL: Little Black Hatch

ORIGINAL: Scuzz

$2800!
[:'(] Is all I have to say to you. [:'(] again for emphasis. ( )

I paid $4500 for mine. Ahh well, ce la vie! That's what I get for needing to buy in a hurry, and being such a tool that I buy the first car that I test drive. Actually, I didn't even drive it cause I couldn't drive a stick at the time. Someone else did. Even better...

Old 03-08-2006, 03:29 PM

sweet deal

Old 03-08-2006, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like you found the needle in the hay stack.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:53 PM

My plans are:

If it doesn't help it run or stop faster, it won't be going on it. It'll be my daily driver that's a weekend autocrosser. Obviously I want it to look good too, so sometime when I get the money, I'll be getting rid of the ashy finish that now exists on the roof. But that'll all happen when it happens.

God laughs when you make plans about what you're "going" to do.

I just want something that looks clean and runs great, you know; everything in it's place.

No offence to any of you coffee can-tipped exhaust system owners out there, to me those have almost become cliche with being a ricer, so if at all possible, and without hurting performance, I would like to stay away from that. 2 1/2 inches in makes sense to have 2 1/2 inches out right?

Maybe it's just me.

Again, I must stress that I'm not trying to say anything bad about people who modify thier cars different from what I like, because these things are strickly subjective. It's kind of like arguing what color is better, everyone's gonna disagree.

(It's obviously black. Duh.)

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

WELCOME! so the 5th gen SI's are the same engine specs as the EX but just a hatchback? what are ur plans so far for it?

Old 03-08-2006, 08:54 PM
HCF Member

no way man it is white lol, sounds like a nice find you have there... *pics*?? and i agree with you on the Exhaust.. i want mine to look as stock and sound as stock as possible.... it is goign to take me a while to save the money for an exhaust that suits my criteria.. so hopefully i find one by then(if you find one like you said there tell me) even tough your in TX and i am in NB Canada lol