New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Nothing except questions here

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Default Nothing except questions here

Hey everyone, nice cars!

I just bought a 98 civic hatchback. My last vehicle was a old truck.. the one before that was an older van. MAN these things are FUN to drive! I've already installed a cold air intake on it and am thinking about doing some more stuff as soon as it starts warming up outside. I've been reading different threads trying to decide exactly what to do. (or do first as the case may be). What do you think?

1: cat back exhaust, nuthin ricey, just performance

2: make a fiberglass enclosure for the air filter with a scoop that comes out just below the bumper to force air in when I'm going nice and fast. I don't really have any clue if this would work at all.. I just have the materials laying around. Also on this one: would i need to upgrade anything else before my engine could do anything with the extra air?

3: put some nice sound inside... head unit with crossovers, tweaters bouncing off the windshield, quality speakers, an amp with a modest woofer just behind my seat for the low end... ~heaven in a sound system

4: forget about the engine and slap on some nice aftermarket suspension and some quality wheels.

5: Euro lights! ..yeah yeah.. I see them way too much as well, but they look NICE on silver cars and have you SEEN 98 hatchback tail lights? I gotta do something...

SO.. what would you do first if your ride was still stock with hubcaps? [8D]

Old 02-26-2005, 11:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Nothing except questions here

Euro lights! ..yeah yeah.. I see them way too much as well, but they look NICE on silver cars
Agreed

I would throw in the sounds first man.

Old 02-27-2005, 10:49 AM
HCF Member

actually your list looks pretty good, even the order. As for the intake you wont need anything else modded to compensate for the extra air.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:40 AM

Hey Polo..

What you doin driving out in those corn fields again..I told you thats bad for the air intake ...didn't I!

Just goofin ..Later car looks great..

Wheelbroker