New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Obligatory newbie post...and question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Default RE: Obligatory newbie post...and question.

nice car, where in TN are you located?

Old 01-17-2006, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: alarum

nice car, where in TN are you located?
Hermitage...about 10-15 miles out of Nashville.

Thanks for the tips, everyone! You've been very helpful

Old 01-17-2006, 07:48 AM

ORIGINAL: domestic disturbance

Stay with the Honda oil for 2-3 changes. The break in period on your engine is based on the engineering tolerances of Honda lubricant. After that, I suggest switching to Mobil 1. Its pricey in comparison, but the cost is outweighed in the engine life gains, and oil change frequency. Your Honda is designed to run for 200,000 plus miles...Mobil 1 will make sure that happens and beyond. And before someone asks, not I don't sell their products!

The intake option everyone is talking about replaces your stock "air filter and box" to allow better air flow to the engine. If you can change oil, you can put one of these on. It will add some horse power and it will probably improve your gas mileage. They range in price from about $65 for a piece of junk one to about $350 for the top. I recommend the AEM V2 (about $250). Check out their web-site, it will explain what intakes do and why the V2 is the way to go. You'll get an education while slowly being sucked into the madness of tunning your ride. Whahahaha!!![sm=guilty.gif]

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy cruisin the forum. Everyone here is very helpful and will go out of their way to help. NO one feels like a newbie around here unless they want too, thats how cool this place is.
Wow, that V2 looks nice. I can see this becoming a very dangerous addiction [8D]

Old 02-15-2006, 07:15 AM

Question about the air intake stuff...

Does it significantly increase the noise level of the car?

Old 02-15-2006, 07:56 AM
HCF Member

yes and no..cold air intakes are quieter then short ram, but when your driving you can really hear anything, when your accellerating you will here the sounds of the intake sucking in the air, kinda like a wistle

Old 02-15-2006, 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

yes and no..cold air intakes are quieter then short ram, but when your driving you can really hear anything, when your accellerating you will here the sounds of the intake sucking in the air, kinda like a wistle
Does it take away any of your low end power? I've heard that you have to run the RPMs higher to get power when you've got an air intake installed.

Old 02-15-2006, 09:13 AM

An air intake will give power throughout the RPM range. Higher RPMs will show a more sizeable increase in power from an intake, but it will help throughout.

BTW that is a very nice 06 you have there.
Welcome to the forum!!!!