New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Oh no's motor changing problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 04:10 AM
Default Oh no's motor changing problem

ok I didnt come back for a long time I was working on the car out sideand to try to change engine to bigger engine for more power. my friend mark(hes my best friend) have the old V-6 accord modle(forgot year?) he crashed it last month and gave me the motor for $200 and so we took off the civic V-4 weak motor and put on the more power V-6 one(wow took 5 people to pick up!!) problem- cant screw on motor to inside engine holder peices-not 1 plugs fit right- how do you change motor? its should work rite since its still honda modle and accord is the V-6 car of civic so no problem but we(my best friend mark) thinks that my car is not auto-matic grear box like the accord and mine is the stick with clutch and thats why its the differnt screw areas are not hte same to fit rite.

also we drop tehV-6 one time on the floorso the bottom piece push inside will that hurt motor?? still work good?

Old 07-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Default RE: Oh no's motor changing problem

No, it wont work. Well it would but a shop will need to custom make mounts and wiring and basically your looking at severl thousand dollers to get it in there. Maybe more.

BTW, its not a V-4 its an inline 4 and you should really put it back in there.

Old 07-19-2005, 09:25 AM
HCF Member

I dont think there is such a V-6 in an Accord. I could be wrong. But there isnt such thing as a v-4 in a civic. LEVIII is right, you are going to need some special stuff made. But I would get it done... how cool would it be to have a 6 banger in a Civic? Hell, Im surprised it fits.

Old 07-19-2005, 09:30 AM
HCF Member

Wow, after reading that again, you need to put the 4 cylinder motor back in, hook it up, close the hood, and never open it again. You have ALOT to learn grasshopper and there is no exaggeration in this reply either.

Lol, I think when Sacicons comes across this he will have a stroke.

Old 07-19-2005, 10:07 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

please put the 4cyl back in, for your own good, and the good of your car. Did you, or any of your friends have any experience working on cars, cause it doesnt sound like it.. I'd be more than happy to see a 6 cyl in a civic, but for god's sakes have it done, or at least get a ****ing hoist...

Old 07-19-2005, 10:45 AM
HCF Member

OMG WTF!!![sm=wtf.gif] I hate posts like this, because you can never tell if the persons really joking or just doesn't know anything. Figure out what engine it really is. Most likely it's going to be an H22 or F22 from an Accord (anyone, correct me if I'm wrong.) Don't know about the whole V6 thing, but I know the H22's much bigger, and will have to sqeeze into a civvie. Find out the year of your buddy's accord and look it up here. Then come back and either ask again, or research it. There's a lot of good info in these forums that no one cares to look up. Also, Hasport.com motor mounts for a lot of applications.

P.S. If you DROPPED the engine and altered the shape of it in any way as a result......Probably be a good idea to take it apart and make sure!!!

Old 07-19-2005, 04:34 PM

ok a few things here. those engine holder things are called motor mounts, write this down seeing as you will hear this alot more if you stay serious about a motor swap. all the different generations of civics have different motor mount locations, and swapping from an accord to a civic, you should expect the motor mounts to be different, especially when swapping a v6 where a 4 banger used to be. if you have a friend with a welding machine and some experience you can fab your own mounts like I did. i swapped a 1.6 vtec motor for my 1.5 non-vtec, this was not the easiest thing to do, but its not terribly difficult either with the right tools and skills. so look forward to a little fabrication time if you want to keep this a home project. also, its hard to understand from the way you typed your post but, are you saying you are swapping an automatic v6 where you used have a standard i4? if so, i hope you have the ecu for that v6, youre gonna need it. also gonna need an auto shift stick assembly. you have a very serious project ahead of you. good luck, and dont stop asking questions, just learn from them so you dont ask them again. also an accord and civic are 2 very different cars, not to be confused with one another in anyway. the only thing they may have ever shared is a 4 cylinder motor. now as far as the bottom piece of your motor. that is called an oil pan. depending on how far you dented it in it could cause problems. directly above it is the crankshaft. if it is dented so far that the crank does not have room to turn then you are in trouble. so unbolt it while it is out of the car and make sure you have clearance for the crankshaft.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:17 PM

I'm quite sure I saw an Accord with a real V6 emblem on it, so I think it's possible.

Next, as far as dropping the engine, you dented the oil pan as elfreaky mentioned. Even if it's not hitting the crank, you still have to take it off and pound out that dent. It's probably gonna screw up your oil pickup if you don't.

Lastly, as almost everyone else on here mentioned......doesn't sound like you have much mechanical experience, so get it done professionally, and get it done right. I have a lot of mechanical experience, and I don't think I would even attempt such a feat.

Old 07-19-2005, 09:53 PM

Accords most deffinatly did come with V6s. Not all, but some.

I have seen with my own eyes a NSX engine in a Civic so it can be done, but I belive it was a combined effort of many big name shops. Cant remeber which ones though.

Old 07-19-2005, 10:07 PM
HCF Member

geez. can anyone tell me what an aneurysm feels like? i need to know asap.

Quick Reply: Oh no's motor changing problem