New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

PC Card behind my in-dash Nav System...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Default PC Card behind my in-dash Nav System...?

I have had a hell of a time finding out what to use in my '07 Civic. When you open the Navigational face you can place in a CD but there is also a spot for a PC Card. I have taken it to the dealer, best buy and circut city. None of them have been able to tell me how to use the damn thing. Can anyone help? The owners manual has been less than helpful so any information you have would be great. Thanks in advance for your response!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:43 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: PC Card behind my in-dash Nav System...?

Here's a couple of links, one for a PC card adaptor that allows you to use a memory stick, SD card, etc.. in it and an actual PC card with it's own memory. Personally I don't see the point considering how many mp3's you can put on a CD.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Adapte.../dp/B0002JC2QE

http://www.amazon.com/SimpleTech-STI.../dp/B0000516G2

Old 05-28-2008, 04:27 AM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._cp_ob_title_1

I just bought this one... will this work? I have an 08 civic with Nav, and am so frustrated with the whole MP3 thing and the dealership... there is such a small amount in the book about it, and the dealer talked it up so much when I bought it, but now that I went back to them with questions, they are like, I don't know, I'm not sure, I'll have to get back to you, and have no answers... so I went out on a limb, and after doing google searches, had made this purchase... which may not have been right... does anyone know??? I didn't force it into the slot because I read that some got smashed into their slots when they shut, so I'm super paranoid... Does anyone have any information on this topic??? (BTW, I didn't even own an MP3 player to begin with until last week, so this is all new to me to begin with...)

Thanks!

Old 05-28-2008, 05:08 AM

Any PC Card should work although it's probably a good idea to be gentle with it since slot readers can tend to be pretty flaky if you just jam the card in (sometimes even when you don't). But it seems surprising that there's even a pc card option there... and a fairly big hassle just for mp3's. Maybe you can hook a notebook into your nav via dongle?