New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Possible new Civic owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Default Possible new Civic owner

Hey everyone---this is my first post here and let me say this first...I love sport compact cars- working on them, tuning, driving, racing, everything. I am very familliar with AWD forced induction platforms, but am very new to any Honda platform and front wheel drive. I currently drive a modded 2004 subaru WRX- but this isnt about me. My girlfriend is considering buying a 2005 civic EX Special Edition (auto). We took a test drive today and I must say that I am impressed for what you get for the money with Honda. The 127 hp 1.7ltr has a lot more pep than I thought it would and it seems like it has a lot of potential for modification. She is probably going to buy this car but thinks that she will be interested in adding a bit more power. So where do I start? Do automatic civics take worse to modding than manuals? What kind of gains can I expect from an intake and catback?? Does anyone on here even own the new 1.7? Let me know what you think..

Old 07-09-2005, 01:11 AM
Default RE: Possible new Civic owner

I wont try to hold it against you for having a WRX, lol.

JP

Welcome!

When modding Hondas you will find they do take very well to mods. Prob one of the best vehicles in the world taking to mods besides a FI platform. I cant give you to much insight on the auto though. I would have to guess they do almost as well as a stick, but I have not personally dabbled in autos too much besides swapping them for a 5 speed.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:59 AM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Apparently, manuals tend to put a bit more power to the wheels than autos do.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:08 AM
mxs
HCF Member

Your girlfriend needs to learn to drive a stick!!

[sm=gears.gif]

Old 07-09-2005, 09:33 AM

what...you guys dont like the WRX??

and yeah, I keep telling her I could teacher her but she doesnt even want to try.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:46 AM

My girl never used to want to learn. She used to have an auto and then mhen my civ got jacked I scooped up a 94 Si hatchback to drive to I could afford my dream car. She fell in love with the si and decided when I get my ne ride she wanted the Si and would sell her auto instead. I only took her out a couple times to give her the basics, then we sold her car and she got the key and just had no choice by then but to learn. She is pretty dang good now, but sometimes when I want her to drive aggressive she floors it but will shift way too early, lol.

ANyway, the auto can be alright, especially if she isnt planning on racing with it and just wants a little added power.

BTW, I was just playing about the Suby, its an alright car.