New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Questions

Old 01-16-2006, 04:42 PM
HCF Member
Default Questions

I have a 2005 EX 1.7L SOHC VTec. What is the best thing I can do (no turbo) to recieve maximum performance for my car (intake, exhaust, header, cam) but what kind? If anyone has any advice and/or suggestions please let me know! Thanks.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Default RE: Questions

if your looking for just i, h, e, buy a aem intake or injen. dc sports header, the exhaust is up to you because some people don't want loud cars and some do a quieter exhaust would be apex i world sport or greddy sp2 a loud exhaust would be greddy evo2 or apex i n1. these are just the better name brands of products and are recommended by a lot of people and always fit properly.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:47 PM
HCF Member

Its really bottoms down to what you like sound wise. Magnaflow and Skunk are some of your choices. I prefer the Magnaflow siimply becaue I own one. Any header will pretty much to the trick unless its 4-1 or 4-2-1. You will however have to get an aftermarket cat converter welded in there since the cat is in the stock header. UNfortunatly no manufacturer make a header for the Dx and LX. You will need to buy an EX header. No big deal, it will fit.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:14 PM

Your best bet is to go I/H/E, you could go with new cams but on our motor I don't think it's necessary unless you are going to build the motor and throw a management system in there. Look into ridding excess rotational inertia, ie lighter flywheel, lighter wheels, pulleys. You could do a small shot of N2O. Personally unless you are going all out, I'd stop after I/H/E.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:33 PM

wut about supercharger? other than that, AEM, DC, and Magnaflow are all very good(i got them all). they'll fit perfectly and u'll get good gains. sounds real nice too but it all depends on how loud/quiet u want to be. high-flow cat maybe? hmm, short throw shifter will make a noticable diference. and weight reduction will help...Vtec controller? but i dunno much about em and i've heard mixed reviews on em.

good luck with everythingg!

Old 01-16-2006, 06:07 PM

No one makes a supercharger for the 7th gens.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:17 PM
HCF Member

^ thats what I was thinking. I know some make turbos.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

Yea I already have the DC Sports short shifter installed...big difference...and I'm basically just goin with I, H, E...AEM V2 cold air intake...DC Sports header...Greddy EVO2 Exhaust???...I like Magnaflow, but there's just something about the sound that I don't like...I want it to sound as smooth as possible...like my stock exhaust but louder and deeper...but SMOOTH.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:34 PM
HCF Member

A high flw cat will make it hella smooth.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

What are my choices for a high-flow catback system foir my car? Greddy? Apexi?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions