New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Road Trip!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Default Road Trip!

Hey Y'all,

I'm about to pick up my black Si sedan, and I'm totally psyched. It's actually going to be my first car - born, bred, educated, and employed in NYC my whole life, I always figured actually owning one was more expense (and time) than I could afford. But I'm moving to LA, and away from my love/hate relationship with mass transit.

I'm going to drive out to the west coast, which should give me a chance to get to know the car pretty well, but also to see parts of the country I've only flown over. I'm still finalizing my route - any favorite (but perhaps less-well-known) spots to hit up on my way? Fantastic curvy hills I'd be crazy not to drive?
-c

Old 08-28-2007, 01:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Road Trip!

Good luck, and post up some pics when you get there. We love road trips here!!!

Also, welcome to the forum, and nice choice for a first car. Hope you like it here.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:09 AM
HCF Member

- if I had the time and $$$ I would map out scenic routes mixed with superhighway --- how cool you get to take a new car on a trans American road trip, have fun!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 07:28 AM

Good luck and welcome to the group. yes post some pics and let us know what interstates your taking. If your taking I-80 thru Nebraska, Private Message me. I live in Omaha Nebraska. figured if you need help or anything when your close to here i could help you, i got lots of people here that work on Imports.

Good Luck on your trip

Old 08-30-2007, 03:03 AM
HCF Member

Cross country road trips are awsome.

In 85 my girlfriend & I packed up everything we owned and moved from NC to LA. We had $1000 cash and had no idea where we were going. We ended up in LA and I lived there until 1999.

We had a Toyota PU and a little camping trailer. We also had a moped.

We took our time going across country.(two weeks)We would spend the night at campgrounds and ride around on the moped.

Good luck on your trip.

Take your time & enjoy it!