New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Searched for information for a month about my engine swap but no helpful results yet.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 03:05 PM
Default Searched for information for a month about my engine swap but no helpful results yet.

First time doing a engine swap from d series to b series, also from obd0 to obd1. So about 2 months ago I purchased a 94 civic hatchback cx for $200. It needed a motor though. I have a b16a complete swap but came out of a 91 ef hatchback and I know that there is some stuff I gotta swap out on it to put it in my 94 hatchback. I just don't know exactly all the parts that I need to swap out. I know that the ef is a obd0 and that mine is a obd1. So what all the parts I need for it? I know it came with a cable trans and a shift linkage but was told the ef ones are shorter then the one I need. Also came with a chipped ecu but don't remember exactly which one it is off the top of my head.

I already got the following parts: I have a ls hydro trans, axles, distributor, ngk spark plug wires, fuel filter. I think a couple other b series parts but I'm not home right now to check.

I know I need to get a set of ngk spark plugs. The right shift linkage with the bushings. I know the trans needs a throwout bearing replace other then that its a good trans no pops or grinds. If there is more parts that I need to buy which I have a feeling there is going to be multiple parts lol. But I was told the motor would bolt right up to the stock mounts on my hatch and the the harness that came with the b16 will plug and play to the d series harness that's already on my hatchback.

All information and parts list that I will need will help me out so much. Thank you for the help in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Searched for information for a month about my engine swap but no helpful results yet.-20160226_164253.jpg   Searched for information for a month about my engine swap but no helpful results yet.-screenshot_2016-02-09-07-19-06.png   Searched for information for a month about my engine swap but no helpful results yet.-screenshot_2016-02-09-07-18-58.png   Searched for information for a month about my engine swap but no helpful results yet.-screenshot_2016-02-09-07-19-01.png  

Last edited by dunklehass14; 03-22-2016 at 09:32 AM.