New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Semi-new here (Sol owner)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 10:49 AM
HCF Member
Default Semi-new here (Sol owner)

Hey guys, i live by the shore, in NJ in USA.

I got a '93 sol awhile back, like Nov. '07..

Drove for a year until my auto tranny complete went to hell, when i converted to manual.

I drove it for a little after, and bought an '05 civic. I fixed what problems it had, threw on a catback system,, headers, and intake... and now im putting it up for sale, because, well, for one... no one wanted it around here, but mainly because my asking price was high because i actually did not want to sell it...

Anyways, here i am... going to do everything i've wanted to do to it.

Starting with maintenance first, to bodywork/paint + exterior(tint etc.), then to getting a b16+turbo'ing it. Going to try for 300hp. (guy around here did it with a b16, upgraded pistons, and the turbo... so going to try and do the same... maintenance first though... ) OH! exhaust before turbo.

I said semi-new because i've been around for awhile... just to check out for sale threads, and made a few threads with questions... but now that i'll be here more often with a project car, mods and even more questions(haha) i'd figure i introduce myself.

I currently have a chop thread in that section, and i'll be making a project thread as soon as i compile the list of things to do, as well as get time to take pics of what i need to for the post.

Look forward to colaborate and chat with everyone...

-Fara

PS... sorry, but im a guy... even though Faramire sounds feminine... i've used the name since first LOTR movie came out, i read whole series afterwards, and used it when playing DAoC... it stuck with me...

Old 07-01-2009, 10:52 AM
HCF Member

Forgot about the pics...

Wing might come off... lol... don't flame... comments appreciated though.

Attached Thumbnails Semi-new here (Sol owner)-del-sol1.jpg   Semi-new here (Sol owner)-sol.jpg  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:17 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Wow... Looks like a car out of our "craigslist sellers" thread... Lose the Body kit, taillights, and wheels and it'll look pretty nice. But the first thing you should do is DITCH THAT AWFUL WING! I like the color, though.....

Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 AM
HCF Member

Yeah have you seen the craigslist thread or the been spotted thread?

This car would definately show up in one of those threads if we saw it.

Its amazing with a body kit on the car that it can still look so high....

Old 07-03-2009, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Faramire
I got a '93 sol awhile back, like Nov. '07.
lol... you haven't even owned it two years....not awhile back... j/k

Faramire, welcome to HCF. As you can already tell, not many people are fans of body kits.

Regarding your turbo plans. If you build a b16 with pistons and rods, you should easily be able to hit the 300hp mark. Just don't get a little teeny tiny turbo, maybe something like a T3 50trim (Garrett, Turbonetics....something name brand), and you're set. I have a few turbo parts hanging out in the FS section. BTW, what type of exhaust are you looking to get?

Make sure you set up a project thread over in our HCF project section!

Old 07-05-2009, 05:37 AM
HCF Member

I'm looking at getting the one that's in the newbie thread... greddy something or other(i got to look that up again.) Says it's quite but sounds good...

Yeah, i am thiinking of ditching the bkit... even the friend who is working on the car w/ me and has putting a bkit on every single one of his cars is telling me to go stock...

But will it look right with 17's, stock bumbers, and not sure how low i can get it (those pictures are when the springs are raised close to the fullest to get it on some lifts.) I can drop it to basically no wheel gap at all, and they stiff enough to handle it.

But most of the engine work / paint is awaiting sale of my '05...

(edited...)

And as far as taillights go... i'm going to black out headlights and taillights anyways... will never be able to see what they look like..

Old 07-05-2009, 12:39 PM
HCF Member

Stock tails, Black Housing Headlights. 16/15 in. rims [BIGGER ISN'T BETTER].