New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Semi new to honda... Any help?? please?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Default RE: Semi new to honda... Any help?? please?

cool. thanks for the welcome fellas. Well, bout the tornado, Im gonna try and run a lil test. Im still reluctant to give up on it. Im gonna try and run only with the SRI for a week driving a steady 65-70 and the do a couple of fill ups and try it with the tornado. gonna buy it from the local autozone and see if it makes a difference. if it doesnt, then heck, i could just return it. anyway. thanks everyone again for the info and greetings.

im curious too. whats a throttoe body spacer.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:05 AM
HCF Member

Ok, first, welcome to the forum.

A throttle body space is an aluminum block that goes between the throttle body and the intake manifold effectively increasing the volume of your intake manifold and supposedly giving the air a "swirling" effect similar to the Tornado. I have seen several dynos to support gains with this simple bolt-on but never have I seen one of the Tornado other than their own ads.

Any mods you do are going to be hindered if you don't want to upgrade the exhaust. There are many aftermarket exhaust that aren't overly flashy or loud if attracting attention is the problem, but the stock pea-shooter isn't gonna get it done.

As Sacicons is fond of saying, an engine is just a big air pump, so the first and best mods we do is getting the air in and out.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:19 AM

Thx for the precision on the spacer, but when increasing air intake and exhaust does it not increase fuel consumption? right now I'm doing 38mpg with my 1.5l d engine without any mods , can I expect to do the same but with some more power if I give more air and make the exhaust bigger?

Old 09-15-2005, 02:22 AM
HCF Member

The less restriction on airflow means the less the motor has to work, resulting in increased efficiency. You should get a increase in mileage with I/H/E unless you start using the increased power more.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:36 AM

I/H/E??

Old 09-15-2005, 02:42 AM
HCF Member

Intake, header, and exhaust. People end up abbreviating it like that becasue it is mentioned so often. They are the building blocks of performance.

Old 09-15-2005, 03:09 AM

Thx I got lots of home work to do to catch up with all those terms.

Old 09-15-2005, 03:17 AM
HCF Member

Read all of the relevant stickies to jump start your knowledge.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:28 PM

any suggestions on relatively quiet exhausts? I dont want a large tip but i would like to have somthing that looks nice. somehing a little more uniform lookings. For example, the greddy SP2 caniste and tip dont look right.... in my opinion. actually. i dont care if it has a large tip. just want one that isnt too loud because the police around here is incredibly **** about tints and exhausts.

i heard the greddy evo 2 is quiet.

Old 09-15-2005, 05:58 PM

WELCOME!!!! We got the same car man. Same color everything.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5358/A51163F4CE454C97BDEC15AA55FDF75D.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Semi new to honda... Any help?? please?