New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Serious Newbie with lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Default Serious Newbie with lots of questions

Hi, new to the forum, new to the world of Honda, and new to customizing a car. I bought a Satin Silver Metallic, 2004 Honda Coupe LX (4-speed automatic) about a year ago for my oldest daughter. She was going to take the car once she got her license. The day she got her license she went out and bought a Toyota. So I guess the car is mine now. Anyway, I came across this site pretty much by accident. I love what everyone has done with their cars. I want to beef mine up. I'm thinking something to boost performance, some tinting, a nicer system, and definitely a body kit. I don't really know anything about cars though. Is there somewhere you guys can point me? What would be the best thing to start on? Where's the best places to buy parts/accessories/kits? I'm open to any and all advice. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Default RE: Serious Newbie with lots of questions

first of all, welcome to the forum. Second, do you just want to make it look nice, or make it fast?

Old 01-05-2005, 11:13 AM

Thanks. Since I'm going to chalk the expense up to a mid-life crisis (so my wife doesn't kill me), I'm thinking I want both speed and good looks.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:46 AM

welcome to the forum, and its always good to start of with a header, intka e, an exhaust.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:47 PM
HCF Member

im not sure where youre at in your mid-life crisis, but if you are financially stable enough, then you should look into an engine swap. yeah, itll void the warranty, and yeah it sucks to take out a brand new honda motor. but if you want some serious power, then the engine out of an Acura RSX Type S will go into your car and almost double the horsepower. its freakin expensive, but in the long run, will be well worth it, as the mods you do to the Type s motor(K20a2) will yield higher gains, and there will be more parts available. but id personally do up the suspension and brakes first, as they will make the car safer, instead of more dangerous. the danger comes later.