New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

So now I own a Civic (and a Mustang)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Default So now I own a Civic (and a Mustang)

Let me give you guys some backround on me here, when I first got my license I went out and bought a mustang (gas was 1/3rd of the price). I still drive that Mustang on those nice sunny days or when the girlfriend wants a good time. But now the day has came that 15 MPG isnt anywhere close to practicle.........

So I am a new owner of a 1998 HX w/ the CVT. Before anyone asks why the CVT and not a manual I will tell you right now the reasons. First, this car isnt for fun hence buying an HX. Second, ever been stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on I-95 heading towards Philadelphia for 2 hours straight with a strong pressure plate? Till this day my left leg has 10 times the strength of the right from that 2 hour flywheel warping task. Third, I aint missing that much gas mileage wise with the CVT so why should I make it harder to get a Road Daddy!!?

I've worked at a Ford Dealership for a couple of years, currently hold a PA state inspection license, use to have an Emmissions Inspector license too but that cost money to renew. I've had 3 years of school on automotive. Currently I am a third year student at The Pennsylvania State University, majoring in the Mech. Eng. field. If that gives you an idea I am not some moron that just got a civic and is asking what color neons are the best.

That pretty much sums it up, I hope to gain some good knowledge off you guys like I have in the past from some Mustang forums.
My first question for you guys is there anyway to mod these things for better gas mileage? I know on mustangs a better air intake with a K&N helped some along with a free flowing exhaust freed up alittle more MPG, just wasnt sure if the same principle applied to Honda's.

Thanks
Charles

Old 05-23-2006, 06:25 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: So now I own a Civic (and a Mustang)

hello and welcome to the forum!!, ya if i was in bumper to bumper traffic everyday i would get a auto also, i hate when theres even a little bit of traffic with the standerd...it pisses the hell out of me, thank God im never in stop and go traffic....and yes, the same thing applys with the hondas, intake,headers,exhust..should do you better performance and MPG