New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Sup

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Default Sup

Hi all, began building my first car....been an experiment I tell ya! 1994 Honda Civic (95 V-Tech engine)(completely gone through), cut the top off, replace EVERYTHING except the frame. Trunk cut out half way to make room for true dual exhaust, etc....etc...Anyhow, I'll be cool and if I don't someone just smack me around.

Thanks in advance![8D]

Old 10-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Default RE: Sup

did you addany reinforcement to the body before you cut the roof off? if you didn't that car is junk and i would never drive it anywhere

Old 10-20-2006, 10:16 PM
mxs
HCF Member

You can't say that, and then NOT post pictures

Old 10-20-2006, 10:18 PM

wow great start to a welcome, guess my car is junk....

anyhow, yea, "I" didn't do the top(less) job it was professionally done and then put on air ride by me and my buddy who owns a shop....

you can see em here

www.myspace.com/rogernsasha

Old 10-20-2006, 10:23 PM

or here, I have another months worth of work done since those pics... only have a custom made roll cage that bolts through the floor and runs from the front of the back seats to the front floor board which adds stability back since the roof was cut.

and um, thanks for the welcome, I guess this is a young crowd....

Old 10-20-2006, 10:32 PM
HCF Member

Welcome, but you have a couple of things to learn about civics. Just search around and you will find a lot of useful information. One main thing is dont put dual exhaust on a honda engine.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:33 PM
mxs
HCF Member

was this car on ebay recently? it looks familiar. and your myspace page seems to be private.

I'm not much younger than you. there just aren't many people here who are really into show cars.

how is it a "roll cage" if it's under the car? am I understanding that right?

Old 10-20-2006, 10:41 PM

why not a dual exhaust on a honda engine?

secondly I'll fix my myspace so you can check it out.....also the frame was reinforced with a x brace.....the roll cage is inside the car which has been cut out and extended farther to keep the unibody from flexing(prevent the doors from bangin when the air ride is raised and lowered...

anyhow, I was just here browsin...prolly shouldn't have even mentioned what I had....it was hated on before I redone it....it'll be hated on after it's rebuilt again...

no the car wasn't on ebay...if you went to NOPI Nationals last year it placed 2nd and was unfinished in it class...

Old 10-20-2006, 10:43 PM

myspace should be fixed now...

Old 10-20-2006, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

Hey it looks like a good project nobodys hating, and double exhaust loses you power on the small engine. But if your not worried at all about power hey go for it. Keep us updated on how far you have gone, airbags should look real nice on the topless car.

Quick Reply: Sup