New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

SUPER NEWBIE HI!

Old 03-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Default SUPER NEWBIE HI!

Hey im a true newbie. Im 13 but im realy into cars, especaly compact tuning. I sort of know wat im talking about. Anyway I was planning on getting a Civic EX year 2000 or so when im old enough. Should I look at the Si instead for power? Its a DOHC right? And what about Tubocharging - Worth it? Thanks, This is a great site.

Old 03-03-2005, 05:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: SUPER NEWBIE HI!

Welcome to the forum youngin. If I were you, id start out with a plain old civic... your going to kill yourself in an SI . I wouldnt turbo or super charge unless you at least got 2 years of driving differnt cars under your belt either! lol

Old 03-03-2005, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

Screw that man. No offense Remington but I say the kid should get the fastest ride he can get his hands on. If you wreck it, then you got a tough lesson learned under your belt. If you're smart and enjoy your toy wisely, then you're wise beyond your years and you know how to play with fire. Power + Speed + New Driver doesn't always equal a wrecked ride or injured bodies................it's stupid people that make that stereotype widely believed.

Old 03-03-2005, 07:29 PM

Just remember: The faster your car is stock, the higher the insurance is gonna be.

Old 03-03-2005, 08:53 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

Screw that man. No offense Remington but I say the kid should get the fastest ride he can get his hands on. If you wreck it, then you got a tough lesson learned under your belt. If you're smart and enjoy your toy wisely, then you're wise beyond your years and you know how to play with fire. Power + Speed + New Driver doesn't always equal a wrecked ride or injured bodies................it's stupid people that make that stereotype widely believed.
No offense taken buddy. For some reason in the back of my mind was telling me to say something like that... but o well. You do make a good point Mad7. Hell, I had a 95 Nissan 240sx Se with flowmasters.... very bad ***... I miss her

Old 03-03-2005, 09:27 PM
HCF Member

actually, at 16 your brain isnt developed enough to make a logical decision when it comes to making risks. so technically, you are not physically ready to have a fast car. sure there are individuals that are more equipped to make a good decision, but overall, its not a good idea for a young guy interested in speed to have a car like an SI, let alone turboed or SCd. get an EX and get in to some auto-x events to learn a bit about car control. then you will be a better driver when you finally do a motor swap and/or forced induction. Mod the driver before you mod the car.

Old 03-03-2005, 09:37 PM

Yeah that's a great idea sacs. Go get into autox. But start out stock in autox, because if you go out there with a heavily modded car, you will get your *** handed to you by some guy that's been racing for 20 years. Learn the basics, and build from there.

Old 03-03-2005, 09:47 PM
HCF Member

I was in a very summarized way saying the same thing as you and sac but i got flamed.

Old 03-03-2005, 10:38 PM
HCF Member

these kids in the ozarks(MO) have these rediculously fast cars IE..stangs, corvettes,muscle type, modded foriegn. The sad thing is one of the last people that see them is my father(mortician). And it is because they have no better judgement at 16yrs to hell even 21yrs. Guys and Girls alike. I agree with Saci that a possible defensive driving training or Auto-x would be beneficial for FUTURE judgment. Cuz those tough lessons can be harder on the innocent.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:17 PM

i agree

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SUPER NEWBIE HI!