New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.
View Poll Results: What to do
Keep the vinyl on
0%
Keep vinyl and buy a bodykit (for $75 of craigslist)
7.69%
Take vinyl off
92.31%
Take vinyl off but put on bodykit
0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Surprised to be here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Default Surprised to be here...

Well, after hating Civics for many many years I am, like the title states very surprised to be here, I wrecked my Olds Alero back in December and was in a bit of a jamb so i bought a cheap $800 saturn sl1. well with college starting in a week i realized that i needed a new car again seeing as the saturn is a piece of crap... so still short on cash i've been browsing craigslist to find a decent cheap car...without any luck on craigslist i decided to go to my local dealer yesterday to find something cheap they had taken on trade in, well to my surprise, we walked out...and there was a little ricey 2001 red civic ex coupe. at first i was like this is a joke... its a Honda...but...after taking it for a short spin i realized...hey, this car isn't so bad, actually, its kinda fun. So... here i am...with a civic...The words i thought i would never say... so without further ado...heres some pics from when it was still at the dealership...

P.S. Paint isn't really that faded, just used a bad camera

P.P.S. No Honda cancer on this thing anywhere looks and drives brand new

so...Here I am!

Old 08-13-2010, 04:07 PM

Welcome to the forum. What kind of mileage does that one have on it?

And for the love of God, CAREFULLY remove that vinyl. It'll add value to the car if you wish to resell. I'd keep it for the gas mileage while in college, at the least. Has the engine been modified with ricer parts or is it still (hopefully) stock?

Old 08-13-2010, 04:18 PM

Thank god its still stock and I was Without doubt leaning towards no vinyl...that sht belongs on a house not a car... thats the only rice about it, its got 156k on it but runs like new, starts up easier than my mom's G6 haha

Recommendations on how to remove the vinyl?

Old 08-13-2010, 04:19 PM
HCF Member
Default off

^+1 get rid of the vinyl, i install this stuff for a living and im telling you to get rid if it lol, if you need instructions on taking it off without messing up the paint hit me up i have some cool tricks for ya. and the big H on the back window may leave a ghost on your tint hope it hasn't been on too long, doesn't look to dark of a tint if it is even there. welcome to the show!

Last edited by link32183; 08-13-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:33 PM

You'll find that everyone on this forum is anti-rice. So the sooner we get that Civic back to stock and clean the better. And +1, that link guy knows his vinyl. Hope he can help.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:41 PM

Awesome glad to see this place isn't full of idiots, and yeah could really use a how-to on removing that crap.

there isn't any tint there to ghost but there will be I'm looking to go 20 or 30% all the way around

any recommended super cheap DIY mods? short on cash like I said, but I'm into easy DIY's

Old 08-13-2010, 05:53 PM
HCF Member
Default removal

mmmm my first HCF how to its in your pm inbox i will do a written out "how to" with pictures when i do my next removal at work for eveyone else

Old 08-13-2010, 05:58 PM

I feel so special

Old 08-13-2010, 08:16 PM
HCF Member

Hey welcome to HCF and as everyone said NO VINAL please! Rice is a Satanic Ritual around here and good to see your not about Rice Im excited to see the ride without the crap on the sides!

Pm me about cheap mods!

Old 08-14-2010, 12:16 PM
August 2010 ROTM

Welcome to the site! I'm with everyone else... take that crap off ASAP!!! Nice car though, other than the vinyl. And PLEASE no body kit!!! Put a lip kit on it! They're cheap, clean, and look great!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

Quick Reply: Surprised to be here...