New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Sweet first car

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Default Sweet first car

Hey everyone... i just bought my first car... 99 black civic. it runs great, it has about 116,000 miles on it... took it to a mechanic recently and said it was great. I really want to make this nice... so i am thinking about putting in a sound system first and then some LEDs in the interior. I'm happy i made this purchase, it seems to be a really good investment. If anyone has any advice on what i should do first in regards to modding my new wheels, please don't hesitate to give it!

Old 06-10-2006, 04:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Sweet first car

Hey welcome to the forum and congratz on your new wheels. Are you going all show? or both show and go? If your more into enhancing the looks of your car for the time being I would suggest starting with easy mods such as:

- new shift boot & **** (if it's standard)
- new ebrake boot & ****
- seat covers/seatbelt covers/steering wheel covers (if you've got the money why not go with brand new seats and steering wheel but covers look great for the price)
- new floor mats/diamond plate flooring

the list goes on..

I think the important thing is to pick a theme and stick with it. You say your car is black so any accent colour will go nicely with it. Lets say you chose red as your accent colour, try finding aftermarket parts in red and black/chrome that will match up nicely together. So if you were to buy those LED's for your interior, I would go with red ones.

TiCkEr

Old 06-10-2006, 06:18 PM

i would have to say stick away from seat covers..they dont look good in my opinion. inless its the type that replace your covers with leather or sumthin.

Old 06-10-2006, 11:31 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: neon3kgt

i would have to say stick away from seat covers..they dont look good in my opinion. inless its the type that replace your covers with leather or sumthin.

I'd have to disagree with you there. Sure, seatcovers can look like crap if installed poorly but if you know what your doing they can look really good.

TiCkEr

Old 06-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Administrator

all show....def. make a statement with accent colors...i agree...BUT dont make it too ricey