New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Tokico Illumina or KYB AGX ? and what springs?

Old 02-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Default Tokico Illumina or KYB AGX ? and what springs?

Hi Guys! I just bought my first car on my own - a 92 civic ex coupe and i want do some upgrades. first off all i want to replace the shocks and spings. I'm kinda confused on all the postings i have read, so if you could give me some advice on what to buy, will greatly appreciate it. I'm looking at a tokico illuminas or kyb agx shocks setup. and i have no idea on what springs to buy, so could you help me decide. thanks.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Tokico Illumina or KYB AGX ? and what springs?

Hey welcome to the forum. I'm not sure which is more expensive, the AGX or the Illumina's, but if I had a choice I'd go with the Illumina's. They seem to be more popular and are proven to be a good product. As far as springs, Tein S-techs are a good spring that will give you a nice looking drop and a smooth ride. Also, they aren't very expensive. Search for them on ebay and there are some good deals. PM me if you have any questions.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:37 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 02-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Stinky Administrator

welcome to the forum, either the tokico's or the kyb's will be a good strut it really comes down to what are you going to use your car for.and you want to match spring rates with the struts and i agree with devey s techs would be a good spring
here's a place that sells tokico's the whole kit
http://www.xshocks.com/tokicoillkit.htm

Old 02-26-2007, 12:44 AM
HCF Member

What? Girl? What? Where?

I got KYB GR2s with Neuspeed Springs, I know several people with the same setup and I have no regrets about it. I've heard a lot of good things about Illuminas, except for a few people said the ***** break easily when turning them.

I will also agree that s-techs are a great mid priced spring.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:36 AM

i heard the illuminas were good. and tein is a really good spring.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:04 AM
HCF Member

Weclome! Icouldn't comment on KYB's but I've had the Illumina kit (springs and shocks)on for several years and no complaints as of yet.You should begood either way you go...

Old 02-26-2007, 10:36 AM
HCF Member

teins are kinda expensive...i have heard the Illuminas are good, but u personally like my agx/neuspeed "Race" spring set up. are the Illumina's adjustable? becuase the agx's are, which can be great for having a setting for the track, and one for daily driving (if you live onor neara crappy road)

Old 02-26-2007, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

^^ Yes, Illuminas are adjustable. Dampening from 1-5. 1 being the softest and so on...

Old 02-26-2007, 11:26 AM
HCF Member

hey, did you leghumpers even bother to ask what she wanted her suspension to do before adding in your .02 cents!???

lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tokico Illumina or KYB AGX ? and what springs?