New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Trixie

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:27 AM
HCF Member
Default Trixie

I bought a 97 EX about 6 months. I'm glad she found me. Her owner used to beat her and she needed a lot of help. Bad compression, body work, maintenance neglect.. not even a radio. I have struggled so far and I plan to get her in tip top before the summer. Needs some engine work and interior/body TLC. This is my first import as I have owned practically every domestic make you can think of 70's up. I'm located in the wonderful land of Oz and haven't had too much finding other Civics other than under highways in parking garages or 4-5 following each other back and forth down the block. I'd like to get to know this car.. make it an extension of myself. She is after all my baby.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:39 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum!
Got any plans for it?
Or just looking for something to DD?

Old 03-18-2011, 08:40 AM

Welcome to the forum. Post up some pics!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:18 AM
HCF Member

Thanks! As of now.. It needs interior work so it's getting dyed air bags (rebuilt title), fixing the headliner, considering making plastic sun visors unless I can find them. I don't understand why companies make them out of such cheap materials. It's getting alarm due to issues I've already encountered. Outside: I want to add fog lights and possibly change out the grill. I like Civics stalk and where I live it seems idiotic to drop them.. train tracks 5 inches deep. It is my DD, but I don't believe DDs should be thought of as DDs. I love the fuel efficiency, the size, the features.. but my only concern is a head on collision with an F150 O.o I've had far too many cars and I would definitely love being able to see this car through 200k as it only has 100k now.