New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Turbos?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 09:41 AM
HCF Member
Default Turbos?!?!

Ok new Honda guy has a few questions about turbos. I have been researching turbo's, applications, and everything related. I read a few of posts and the grocery list of stuff you need for building your own. I understand that a T25 will give you better low end power, where the T3's and T4's are better top end(?) but take longer to spool up. Am I going to be happy with a T25, I just found a kit on Ebay (almost full) with a T3, intercooler, BOV, piping, and the exahust manifold. (No exahust piping)
What the hell should I do?? I want more power but dont need 300 hp. I am guessing about 40-50 hp over stock right now but would love 200-225!
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also want to know how much I will need to upgrade my fuel system. I have some injector questions but I think this is enough for now. Thanks.
PS- I have a 95 EX Sedan 1.6 VTEC

Old 02-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Default RE: Turbos?!?!

ok i dont think you will be happy with a T25 cause once you drive it for a week you will want more power. i had a T3 on my integra and trust me you either want a T3/T4 or nothing at all. i just got a Precision SC61. but im getting a K20 so i can turbo that and take it to the track. it all depends on what you want to do with your car.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I disagree, the t25 is a fun little turbo to play with for a while.

Check intothe 14b, not too big, not too small, loads of fun.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

I'm going to vauge about it. it all depends what you need it for. Ofcourse Forty knows better than i do, becuase he had one, i think.. or has whatever. If you wanna have quick spooling get a smaller turbo. If yuo want large power that comes in at like 4500 RPMS then get a larger turbo, but remember that youll car will be slow until you reach boost when racing. If a little SOHC car had a T3/T4 turbo and raced a faster car it will drag until boost arrives so youll wanna be pretty quick to start with for a larger turbo. For example 96civic285whp has a B18C1 engine that engine is already fast enough to keep up intil boost arives at a high RPM. I hope my post was helpful and no completely a waste of time.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:11 PM
HCF Member

Mostly what I want my car to do is just be overall faster. I know that may sound stupid, but what I mean is not strictly a drag car or all about 1/4 mi times. I guess a good question is how much hp gain should I expect from a T25? Aren't most turbo's able to be upgraded to more psi??

Old 02-03-2007, 10:03 AM

yea you get it chipped for more psi. on my husbands integra he had a T3 and it was set for 7psi and he also had a chip for 8psi. we always ran 7 because 8 made the car run weird because i wanted to die when you would sit at a stop but when you would go it was really fast. the T25 will spool up faster. the integra had a b18b and with the T3 it had about 250hp.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:07 AM

Hello, I'm new here, but I know quite a bit about Turbos. The T25 will boost Low so therefor if you want a Faster Car to pretty much show off, you want a T25. Here is the best list I've Found for your Parts. If you know anythign about Turbos wich if you have been doing research you'll kow where to get this stuff.[*]Turbo T-25 Turbo 2g DSM[*]STD Manifold[*]Steel Brake Line[*]Coolant Lines[*]Adapter Plate[*]Downpipe[*]Downpipe Adapter Plate[*]Charge Lines[*]Misc Gaskets[*]Intercooler
With the T25 yo udon't necessarily NEED the intercooler but if you wanna save life of your Turbo, and your Car, spend the extra $200 USD to get it. It will be well worth the money. If you want your Car Tuned, get a Fuel Management System. I have an advanced IPT Fuel Rail, and Fuel/Air Ratio gauge, Psi, Engine Temp, and Oil PSI Gauge Pod on my Pillar. Also if you want to save you Starter, the T25 for some reason needs a Ignition Retarder. But I didn't get that. I just let the starter crank over a couple times. Anyways. All-in-all If you want a faster Car just to say you got a turbo or to be one of the only people to have a Turboed Car...go with the T25.

Now, if you want a car that has some *****, go with the T3/T4. I've had both setup in my car. the T3/T4 in may car spooled up at about 4k. But once it hit 4k it sored.
1st Gear (1/2 Throttle) 0-40
2nd Gear (full Throttle) 40-70 = 5.9 Seconds
3rd Gear (Full Throttle) 70-110
4th Gear (full Throttle) 110 - 160 = 13.9 Seconds
Now I'm not the Best at Driving, but I know how to Gear-it-up and Press on the gas and Clutch LOL. But anyways you have my advice do with it as you wish ^_^.V take Care!

Old 02-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: rhdekhatch

yea you get it chipped for more psi. on my husbands integra he had a T3 and it was set for 7psi and he also had a chip for 8psi. we always ran 7 because 8 made the car run weird because i wanted to die when you would sit at a stop but when you would go it was really fast. the T25 will spool up faster. the integra had a b18b and with the T3 it had about 250hp.
psi chips? You mean springs? You can usually get different springs for your wastegate that will allow for different psi levels.

Your husbands teg was sick, whats his next move?

Old 02-03-2007, 10:42 AM

the teg is gone. but no i mean computer chips we had it tuned through crome.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:43 AM

haha nevermind i just confused myself.

Quick Reply: Turbos?!?!