New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Turned 16 and Honda Civic is on the A List

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 09:58 PM
HCF Member
Default Turned 16 and Honda Civic is on the A List

Well, as most teens get older and they want to have fun...so do i...im currently saving money(which i only need 600 more dollars =D) to buy a 93 Honda civic in excellent condition from a friend....Can anyone advise me on some modifications(cheap) that might be good....my current plans for it, is to put a back on with a wing and side skirts, as well as make it a dual head exhaust system. i plan on putting in a turbo kit if i decide its a good idea...Also can anyone let me know what is illegal to do on a car?

Old 11-08-2006, 11:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Turned 16 and Honda Civic is on the A List

Well let me tell you first off it is illegal to have wing on the back. Cold air intake is probaly the cheapest mod you can do but again you said your gonna turbo it soon so dont get it. Whats dual head exhaust system?

Old 11-08-2006, 11:19 PM
HCF Member

Short Ram is cheaper than CAI... unless you buy the CAI from WestImports (HCF vendor whom I bought mine from)... A dual exhaust is just two exhaust tips like on a GT mustang (or any car with an engine that actually uses two pipes) which is butt ugly and pointless on a civic. If you're going the turbo route start saving because it is going to cost as much as your car is used... please dont get a wing, your car will be so self conscious about it you'll lose at least 40 whp.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:49 PM
olv
HCF Member

illegal will vary from state to state

Old 11-08-2006, 11:59 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like you are more of a show person than a go person. Well enjoy your car, and btw how much are you paying for it?

Old 11-09-2006, 03:28 PM
HCF Member

Well, I do know that in texas wings are legal, unless alot of people have illegal cars in my town. Im gonna pay total $2,000 for my civic. I actually think that a dual exhaust would look good on a back that looks like this, http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...ar-bumper.html ..Well, I guess its all opinion..cuz i like dual exhaust ricers and i hate single exhaust. say i dont get the turbo what else was it that you suggest i should do? i dont plan to make this a show only car, i want it to ba an active racer(maybe even drifting) and what were you talking about short ram.. and i like wings....lol

Old 11-09-2006, 03:32 PM

^^ Who's eating chinese food, I can smell the rice from here.

Haha just kidding. I'm so corny sometimes .

Welcome to the forums

Old 11-09-2006, 03:38 PM
HCF Member

Nice joke, but no i dont wanna be a ricer...i wanna be a rebel..haha
joking

Old 11-09-2006, 04:07 PM
HCF Member

Youve got a lot to leanr to be a 'racer'. Please keep it off the streets. Also, I dont want to rain on your parade but Civics cant drift.

If you read around the forums you will learn tons of stuff.

Welcome!

Old 11-09-2006, 05:37 PM

sup man im 16 too. simply i jus wanna tell you that if you want real power from a civic, because a stock civic is extra slow.. its gonna take work. you can do the simple intake/headers/exaust setup. this is easy to do and youll get a little more power out of your civic. if you gain more knowledge you can try and turbo it. or upgrade to a better engine. if you decide to go turbo then its recommended you build the engine internals because with turbo your engine is gonna be working harder and needs to be able to handle it. and dont do the intake/header thing, i think because youll have to take them off if you turbo? and lots of people here dont like body kits and wings. mostly because they are pointless and a waste of money. personally i think the civic already looks good, no need for a big body kit and big wing maybe jus a lip kit and with nice rims, nice paint job, maybe some window tint itll look extra nice. but its your car. dont let anybody tell you what you to do because its YOURS! if you like it then its all good. youre the one driving it not them.

Quick Reply: Turned 16 and Honda Civic is on the A List