New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Whats up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Default Whats up?

Hey, this is Ian

I've got a 1999 Civic Lx w/ metallic silver paint

As far as current mods go, it would probably be easiest to say "What mods?" haha. Ive put the super white headlights in, changed the sparkplugs to Bosch +4 platnum tipped ones, and changed the timing belt (I don't know if that would be considered a mod though...).

I'd like to put a short ram intake and K&N air filter on it as well as maybe some new plug wires, and then maybe on down the road some more expensive mods like headers or a catback exhaust. As far as body mods go, I don't plan on any of them soon. I'd like to make my Civic actually fast before I make it LOOK fast. But I've got a quick question, If I put on a short ram and K&N filter along with some plug wires what kind of power boost can I expect?

But anyways thanx for reading!

EDIT: It's also a sedan just in case anyone was wondering

Old 04-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Default RE: Whats up?

Welcome. Well first off, good idea on the go before show thing. Good first mods are intake, header, exhaust (I/H/E). I dont think the plug wires will give you any power at all, unless you have a highly modded engine and upgrade to bigger wires. Even then I dont think theres any point. As for the SRI, maybe around 5 hp gain off that.