New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

WI guy new to civics...lookin to buy my first

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Default WI guy new to civics...lookin to buy my first

So basically I've grown up with GM's. I have an uncle here in Wisconsin that is a GM mechanic so naturally my ENTIRE family all go with GM. I'm not a huge fan but having a mechanic at hand is nice.

My family out west(Oregon, Mom's side) are all into Honda. I've always liked them but dreaded buying one because of all the bs I'd get for buying some "ricer" car.

I'm done with all that. I'm looking to buy my first Civic. I have a basic knowledge of engines/transmissions but no nothing about the intricacies of all things Honda. This is where you come in. I'm hoping to make a smart buy through gaining some good info on the forums. So I'm all ears!...well eyes rather lol.

I apologize if I'm a total noob. I'll ask a lot of questions that I'm sure will sound silly to any gear hear but bare with me. I'll get better I promise. Anyways, I have some reading, and posting, to do!

Old 08-04-2011, 05:29 AM

I feel your pain. I myself love v8 power but gas is high so I decided to try a Honda and it rocks. Of course my brother talks trash but I'm grown with a wife and mortgage I'll drive what I want. His sits in the garage because he can't afford to drive them. I drive mine everyday.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:09 AM

Welcome to the forum. Everybody on here was a noob at some point. ask as many questions that you wont. it dont matter how silly it is.