New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Yay im new

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 02:38 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Yay im new

ORIGINAL: blackmetal619

definately...did you guys know crx stands for civic racing experiment? i didnt know that til today
Nope. Thats interesting so whats the story behind that name?

Old 02-18-2007, 02:42 AM
HCF Member

I look online and it said that it stand for Civic Renaissance Experimental or Civic Renaissance Model X.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:34 AM
HCF Member

Looks like those racing stripes and that CRX logo on the back was put on unprofessionally... I'd take them off if I were you.

Whoever had that before your brother riced the crap out of it.

Get it running, then don't spend any more money til you get enough for a swap. You won't regret it.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:37 AM

nice.. lots of work.. but should turn out nice keep us updated.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:59 AM

Thanks for the insight. I got new spark plugs and i should have the ignition coil when ever my bro drives me to get it. Ima get like a B-18 swap unless anyone else has a better idea, if so hit me up lol. cause ya and funny thing i heard CRX from my brother stands for (Civic Revolution X) Who knows why they name it what ever its supposed to be name. I was doing some looking around it looks like I have the slowest CRX they make with the HF. so ya engine swap is first on my list after i get it running and get the front left body panel and the panel above the grill and a grill ill get an engine swap.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:15 PM

Sry for the double post. Uhh is there any procedure should worry about getting the stripes off, or can i just pull them off cause in some places they are peeling. some one get back to me.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:41 PM

yea u should be able to pull it off u might want to heat them to make it easier..the body looks good though from the pics any issues with rust..

Old 02-18-2007, 03:20 PM

Only rust on the whole damn car is on part of the radiator. its doin well im cleaning it today and fixing up the tires.

UPDATE.
I put new ignition Coil in. still wont start the only thing we can credit the still not running is bad gas. so were gonna flush it and ****.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:02 PM

I heard it run tonight. WOOT. uhh kinda made it run on carb cleaner so not a true run but weeve now assessed it had NO gas in the tank so we put some in and then carb cleaner to just keep working out all the **** thats bad in the engine. Of course the whole time the cars hooked to my brothers 1989 CIVIC DX hatch giving mine a jump. lol was a beautiful site 2 hondas hand in hand lol.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:30 PM

UPDATE: After a bottle of chem too carb cleaner and 3 days of dry starts. today we weened it off chem too onto gas and now will run for 20-30 seconds at time. Problem being we think the carb is all gummed up and it would be bitch to just take it apart so. i dunno were gonna keep trying once we decide its hopeless then we will take it apart

Quick Reply: Yay im new