New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Yes i drive an ek...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Thumbs up Yes i drive an ek...

Hey, names Dillon i drive a 98 honda civic ex... its a 5-speed, recently rodded very hard. bought with a rough tranny including 2nd and 3rd gear synchros out and a bad clutch slippage. bald tires...most of its electrical system blown. cloudy head lights. chipped rims and rubbed tires...very bad camber and toe angle. a canister exhaust tip. OEM replacement front, rear bumpers and side skirts. they were too lazy to fix the reinforcement and foam support. the radio was poorly mounted and there was scotch tape and bare metal showing. the brake pads worn down to almost nothing. race steering wheel that the leather was tore in some spots, worn out race pedals. really rice shift ****

Now that i have bought it for $3,500...i have replaced the tires put an intake and front and rear strut bars from BOMZ racing in it, new battery, new ignition wires and plugs from MSD. 1-piece race header with cat-back exhaust N1 style from Megan Racing. a new stage2 clutch from Exedy. stage 2 brakes from Brembo. coil-over suspension from Eibach. new bumper reinforcement, foam support, and 99 Si Type-R front bumper, mugen front and rear lip, ready for paint. blacked out windows, drive and passenger window, quarter windows, and rear window. short shift kit and ****. new race steering wheel. $500 in stereo equip from Sony, yes my wires are under the carpet, i ran my power wire through a hole i drilled in my fire wall and filled with a grommet. waiting on jdm smoked headlight and tail lights. thats about it i guess? i dont have any pictures at the moment. and i am too embarrised to take any as it is 3 different colors and covered in dirt and snow haha. hope you guys like my car

Thinking on black race seats with 4-point harnesses, and dropping out the back seat and trunk carpet and installing these LED lights under the car that can change to like 300 different colors(flash, blink, strobe, and plainly lit), opinions?

Last edited by I Drive An EK; 01-12-2009 at 04:35 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 01-10-2009, 07:24 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum, still you should post up some pics, those before and after pics

Old 01-10-2009, 07:35 PM

sounds good
i'd like to see some pics

I like Sony car audio. I have all Sony equipment except my tweeters, cap, and subs, and it's great. Many people will talk **** about it so be prepared to defend yourself (not necessarily right away but maybe in the future... trust me, i have to back it up all the time) but those people are ignorant competition car audio bigots and Sony car audio is actually pretty good. Just tell those people your setup sounds good to you and that's all that matters.

P.S. the headlights and taillights aren't really JDM, ebay sellers just say that to attract buyers who don't know any better

Old 01-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Banned

are you serious... you bought that piece for 3500...

Old 01-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Angry Admin

zomg i haz an ek too!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by 96 Civic DX
are you serious... you bought that piece for 3500...
yes i did, i only noticed the clutch was going bad at first and the 3rd gear synchro. i never noticed the tires or the 2nd until after it was bought.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by I Drive An EK
yes i did, i only noticed the clutch was going bad at first and the 3rd gear synchro. i never noticed the tires or the 2nd until after it was bought.
don't feel bad though, you put a lot of hard work into it fixing it up (i assume you did the work yourself).

I had a similar thing happen to me... bought my del Sol knowing of a few minor problems that I fixed, but a few unexpected things happened... since May, my alternator, power steering pump, A/C, and brake master cylinder have all failed. The A/C turned out to be a minor issue in the end but I still paid a lot of money trying to fix what I thought was the problem. The A/C and brake master cylinder both went out within a week of purchasing the car. Got it all fixed up now though (well, have to replace the p/s pump bearing this week when it comes in)

Last edited by trustdestruction; 01-10-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:25 PM

yea i did the work myself, i have pics of the clutch job and tire swaps and exhaust. not much of others though. on the clutch alone i basically saved myself around $400 just on labor, by doing it myself.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
HCF Member

Sony car audio is fine, don't worry what people will say. Yes, there are other better brands than sony, but there are also better brands than what those people have as well. The only thing i don't approve of is their xplod amps and most of their subs. Great quality head components and surrounds. Will last a very long time.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by ej6buddy
Sony car audio is fine, don't worry what people will say. Yes, there are other better brands than sony, but there are also better brands than what those people have as well. The only thing i don't approve of is their xplod amps and most of their subs. Great quality head components and surrounds. Will last a very long time.
I have a 1000W xPlod amp and it works great. Maybe it's the less powerful xPlod amps that suck.

Quick Reply: Yes i drive an ek...