New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Yes i drive an ek...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:56 PM
HCF Member

^ You should be fine then, the quality control on their amps and subs just aren't up to par with the rest of their lineup, it's kinda weird if you ask me. Some of their amps are prone to overheating, that's why I mention it. Plus, sony didn't want to get too involved in R&D on their speaker lineup, considering their hands are tied with the release of the ps3 and oled technology.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:31 AM

i have a 1200W 12" sub in a single closed box and 1200W amp that i got for free cus the kid didnt think it worked, turns out he just hooked it up wrong. i got a sony xplod headunit with sub-out and 6 1/2 door and trunk speakers. just the headunit and speakers alone create some decent base. but that sub just pounds. my bro has two 12" earthquakes that he wants to sell, think their pushin 1000W each, and i heard them and they hit pretty hard. but their probably the most heavy sub ive ever lifted and im going to probably get rid of my sub and amp with the wiring kit to a friend or something. i have a feeling it will crack in the winter.