New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Yet Another New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:16 AM
HCF Member
Default Yet Another New Guy

Hey Guys!
I may be new to the forum, but I've been a fan of the Civic ever since my parents got a brand new `82 Civic 4-door hatch, when I was about 9.
Right now, I'm on my second Civ... first one being a `90 DX that remained stock for lack of disposable income. This one is a `98 SI (same as US EX), red...
so far, I've replaced the shift ****, head unit (went with Panasonic... I liked the chrome-look faceplate), and added an Alpine S-type 10" in a home-made sealed wedge.
As of next week, I'll be starting up on some more upgrades, starting with security, seat covers, steering cover, and pedals. This summer I'm hoping to get the stock front speakers up'd to Infinity components, and get an MTX amp to replace the Jensen on the sub, putting the Jensen on the fronts.
Also some minor engine ups, like intake and exhaust.
I'll try to get some pics, once I get some time to get it washed and waxed (I like the Turtle Wax colour-match stuff)

Mr^Man

Old 05-11-2007, 06:33 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Yet Another New Guy

sounds like you have some pretty good plans for the car.
welcome

Old 05-11-2007, 06:49 AM
HCF Member

just minor future plans for the engine (I/H/E), or you gonna do somethin more major (swap, boost, etc)? Good luck with everything, right now looks like youve got a good setup for your audio, post some pics up of your system, and welcome to HCF man

Old 05-11-2007, 08:02 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

welcome to hcf

Old 05-12-2007, 01:33 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

just minor future plans for the engine (I/H/E), or you gonna do somethin more major (swap, boost, etc)? Good luck with everything, right now looks like youve got a good setup for your audio, post some pics up of your system, and welcome to HCF man
I'll prob'ly just keep it minor, keeping it NA, maybe doing a little bit of cosmetic, like the painted valve cover, braided steel hoses (just thought of this one just now), stuff like that...

I hope to get plenty of idea from this forum, as well as maybe inspire one or two others in here...

Mr^Man

Old 05-12-2007, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

Okay, now I'm pissed off...
Yesterday, I had Midas do an inspection on my car, and this evening, I noticed that there's a kink in the hood, where the prop bar hooks, so I pulled over to take a closer look; yep, they hoisted it with the hood open... I could see the scuff on the wind deflector on the front of the hood, where it hit the ceiling.
You can bet your *** they'll be paying for a new hood... any ideas how to nudge the odds in my favor?

Mr^Man