New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

YO! Guys!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:27 PM
HCF Member
Default YO! Guys!

Hey guys My name is Ryan I am from lancaster california, Thats in the antelope valley part of Los Angeles county for those of you that may not know.

Anywho. on to the stuff you guys actually care about.
I am buying my first civic tomorrow

its a 94 Ex so its SOHC Vtec its all stock with over 200k on the engine but its still running strong and the guy just had a full tune up and such to it so its a happy running civic.

this is going to be my first car. welll second if you count my failed attempt at fixing up a Eclipse, I ended up killing the poor thing trying to do my own transmission swap. so i sold the complicated bastard and went for the always dependable civic. (I have lots of pics of the eclipse as I was fixing it up if anybody wants to see)

Once again onto something you actually care about.
here are two pics of the civic the seller posted

Name:  IMG_0819.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  8.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0820.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  6.7 KB

Anyway I am looking forward to help on fixing her up. she is going to need some TLC on the body (my favorite part to work on) but the interior is already great. no big tears or no cracked dash. WOOT

Old 01-04-2010, 10:47 PM

Welcome to HCF

What are the plans? Any mods in mind or are you just going to fix it up like brand new?

Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 AM
HCF Member

Dam thats a clean start for a car, welcome to the site man.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:59 PM

Welcome to HCF!

Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 PM
HCF Member

well future plans. First I want to fix up the body as much as possible remove any dents and make it look clean. The interior is already nice so there wont be much to do there.

Then I want a good intake.
then a good header and exhaust system. possibly just a better muffler depends what I can afford.

Then I want some better looking headlights. then tail lights.

Then.. if I still have money I want some carbon fiber. you guys prolly already know what I want.

pretty much I am not looking to do a whole lot with it. Just make it clean then do simple bolt ons. maybe a few mods, see what I am capable of.

-the damn seller is weird tho. First he is hard to understand because Spanish is obviously his first language.
I had him smog it so I have been waiting on that. he says it failed smog because of gas cap and sensor? I am not sure he is hard to understand. I know gas cap will fail you on smog. he said he took it to a mechanic, but the dude is so hard to get a hold of its making me mad haha! oh well there are plenty of civics in the sea im on a mission to find mine

Old 01-07-2010, 02:59 PM

hi! welcome to the forums! my join date may suggest im not new, however, i pretty new myself here too!

Old 01-11-2010, 08:56 PM
HCF Member

so i just picked up the civic today. Its got a few problems.
the glove box latch is completely gone.
the moon roof motor is weak so it cant pop it up by itself anymore
the passenger window pops out/off the track about half way up
the key does not open the trunk
I went to open the vent on top of the dashboard and the wheel thing fell inside?!? wtf

Old 01-12-2010, 06:16 AM
HCF Member

Sounds like a real unreliable seller, hope this car doesnt fall apart on you bro

Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 AM

Key not opening the trunk might be an easy fix. In my experience, this is usually solved by buying a new key... not a copy of the key you have, but an original key from the dealer. It only costs a couple dollars and they can make it from the information they can access by giving them your VIN#, giving you a perfect original cut key. Bring your registration papers in with you (to verify you own the car).
If you get a copy of the worn out key you already have, you'll only end up with another worn out key.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:47 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Sounds like a real unreliable seller, hope this car doesnt fall apart on you bro
its not too bad. just a few minor things I have already taken care of. And its partly my fault I mostly took it on good faith and I didnt really check it out.
But the interior is really nice only 1 rip on the driver seat and a small hole in rear seat thats IT!

the body has a few dents and bruises but I dont mind i want new lights anyway and i want carbon fiber so i dont mind at all

the main point in the car is the engine was taken care of he has lots of receipts for maintenance and it had timing belt and tune up just before i bought it.

so hey i like restoring cars so this will be fun.

and they key thing. i am pretty sure its because its a valet key because it doesn't release the rear seats either.
so thats a great idea after the car is 100% in my name and registered I will see a dealer and get that taken care of.

also occasionally the key doesnt want to turn in the ignition. (the part where you have to push in) it doesnt do it too often but it does happen. but im assuming its because its worn out.

Thanks guys your lots of help!

Quick Reply: YO! Guys!