Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Best Aftermarket Bumper to Accomodate Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 04:47 AM
HCF Member
Default Best Aftermarket Bumper to Accomodate Intercooler

As stated in the subject: What are your guys' opinions for the best aftermarket bumper that would accomodate an intercooler of the size in the attached pic. By accomodate, I'm looking for it to fit in there better than with the stock bumper and also an increase in airflow better than that of the stock bumper. And I'm looking for something that looks smooth, no fender flares, excessive demensions...just something stock-looking or in other words "non-ricey" and "FntF looking!"...Like the Sin Style Front Bumper. Lemme know what you think...

[IMG]local://upfiles/3661/EB78AC01C0964060800F4FA7D19B2FE3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-05-2006, 07:41 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Best Aftermarket Bumper to Accomodate Intercooler

Just cut the bottom section off the stock bumper, and a chunk outta the bumper support. With something that big you will HAVE to cut the bumper support, no ifs ands or buts about it. Unless of course you'd like to drag your FMIC on the pavement

EDIT: What size is that exactly

Old 12-05-2006, 08:22 AM
HCF Member

I'm not home right now to measure it, but it's exactly the size in the picture...hope that helps. Do you think that it'll fit, or will I have to cut a LOT out? Thanks for the quick reply!

Old 12-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: skytanker2003

I'm not home right now to measure it, but it's exactly the size in the picture
So like 1" tall and 2" wide? It's so hard to gauge size by looking at a pic with nothing to reference it too.

With Tyler's 8" or 10" (i forget what it was) fmic we had to take 2.25" out of the bumper support

Old 12-05-2006, 09:53 AM
HCF Member

i'd say stay stock but cut a buncha your bumper off like Forty said, then get a lip kit. Looks + Performance, what else you want?

lol and
So like 1" tall and 2" wide?
made me laugh really hard in the middle of class

Old 12-05-2006, 10:02 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

ORIGINAL: Forty04

ORIGINAL: skytanker2003

I'm not home right now to measure it, but it's exactly the size in the picture
So like 1" tall and 2" wide? It's so hard to gauge size by looking at a pic with nothing to reference it too.

With Tyler's 8" or 10" (i forget what it was) fmic we had to take 2.25" out of the bumper support
mine was 8" tall and we had to do some cutting, but damn does it look sexy in there

Old 12-05-2006, 10:58 AM
HCF Member

then get a lip kit. Looks + Performance, what else you want?
if hes lowerd.... a mugen lip will sit at about 1 in. off the ground... (dependin gon his current ride hight) it was a little less for me when i was measuring. So, looks+performance+speed bump, elevation changing drive way, or road kill= cracked messed up lip, and maybey even the front bumper, which then the fragmats of plastic and furr could get into his FMIC, wich would = less looks, and performance.

just some things to think about. personally, i would just keep the stock one and cut it.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:01 AM
HCF Member

just get a johnny race car intercooler, it will fit like a glove.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:42 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: the_turtle

then get a lip kit. Looks + Performance, what else you want?
if hes lowerd.... a mugen lip will sit at about 1 in. off the ground... (dependin gon his current ride hight) it was a little less for me when i was measuring. So, looks+performance+speed bump, elevation changing drive way, or road kill= cracked messed up lip, and maybey even the front bumper, which then the fragmats of plastic and furr could get into his FMIC, wich would = less looks, and performance.

just some things to think about. personally, i would just keep the stock one and cut it.
So you dont think he you should drive a lowered car with an inetercooler?

Old 12-05-2006, 12:05 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

So like 1" tall and 2" wide?
Alright, smartass! I'm not going to go from memory, cuz that's too shady, so looking at the pic (cuz the pic is about the size of it) it's about 10-12 inches tall by about 2.5 times that long and about 3-4 inches deep (cuz the inlet/outlet holes on each end are about 2.5-3 inches wide). So approx. 12" tall x 30" long x 4" wide. These are EXTREME estimates, cuz I can't go anywhere on this slow *** computer right now. Lemme know if you can figure out any of these numbers?!?!?! hahaha!!! Again, if I was home, I'd be able to go out and measure it! Sorry!!!

Quick Reply: Best Aftermarket Bumper to Accomodate Intercooler