Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Why you dont buy SSAUTOCHROME

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 10:57 PM
HCF Member
Default Why you dont buy SSAUTOCHROME

This is what it ends up being folks.

1.R & D = money and time spent by the company
2.Materials = money spent by the company
3.Advertising and promotion = time money spent plus the time spent locataing/signing retailers up for product dispersement.

This company(SSAUTOCHROME) is able to put such cheap kits on the market cause

1.There is no research and developement that has gone into their products this is why the mani's dont fit,piping is not right,turbos come apart,cracks,leaks,and all out failure comes with these kits.
2.The materials speak for themself.Manifolds seperating,boost controllers leak,**** comes apart at random for the most part.
3.Advertising....they have none.All their advertising is word of mouth,countless ebay names,and two websites.

If you are a true enthusiest you will see this company is nothing short of a scam and a joke.You simply do not take shortcuts when doing such a major mod to your car and yes a turbo is a major mod requiring fuel maps to be changed quite a bit and your cars reliability depends on the componets not failing.What happens when your runnin 10 psi on a t3 super 60 on a stock D series engine making around 210whp and your boost controller fails and lets you spike to 15/16psi.......your engine is toast more times than not.

It is simple,when buying any kind of turbo kit;you get what you pay for end of story.So dont throw your money away on this crap.

If you would like proof of this to be able to make this a sticky let me know cause I can get pics of mani's broke in half,turbo's split down the middle,piping not fitting and so on

Also SSAUTOCHROME likes to try and fool people

Here is a add from SSAUTOCRAP--- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4...90359739QQrdZ1

and another one--- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Civic...90956711QQrdZ1

This is a "non ssautochrome add" [sm=badidea.gif] http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...91279567QQrdZ1

Notice the pics,products,and so on are the same.Notice they dont say who makes the manifold....there is a reason for this.No company with any good standing in any market would put their name on that.I mean who would put their name on a manifold that cracks cause of the weight of the turbo alone

Old 08-04-2005, 01:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Please Sticky This...Why you dont buy SSAUTOCHROME

i agree with you about the turbo kits. although they also do sell factory parts. they were the only ones i could find a downpipe for my t28.......and it was oem cast iron. ive heard so much bad though about the turbos falling apart to the manifolds cracking. you get what you pay for.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:56 PM
HCF Member

bump

Old 08-05-2005, 03:27 AM

you had a lot on ur mind keep exploding your keeping me awake

Old 08-05-2005, 12:02 PM
HCF Member

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1323296

More than you will ever need to know about the quality of ssautochrome,xspower,etc

Old 08-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Default RE: Why you dont buy SSAUTOCHROME

Not the first time I've heard bad stuff about SSAutochrome.

In fact I have yet to hear anything positive.[>:]

Old 08-05-2005, 11:11 PM

Just got done with the install of an SS autochrome turbo on an eclipse and we started it up to see it dumping oil into the exhaust side of the turbo................................

Yeah for SSAUTOCRHOME

Old 09-01-2005, 08:19 AM

so what about the greddy kit, isn't it like $1500?? is that cheap too? just wondering

Old 09-01-2005, 09:35 AM
HCF Member

yea its 1500. Then u need an intercooler and a BOV which will run u another 5-600. Always watch ebay. I got a complete greddy kit with intercooler and BOV for 1300.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:28 AM

but its not that hard to install a BOV yourself is it? and ive seen a intercooler kit, with pipes for less than 200$ on ebay

Quick Reply: Why you dont buy SSAUTOCHROME