Non-Honda Discussion Discussion of all other makes and models takes place here!

98 integra

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 PM
HCF Member
Default 98 integra

Hey I have a serious question. I'm looking to buy a new car and get rid of my crap ef hatch. This weekend I'm gonna look at a 98 gsr but with a fresh b16 with 60k on it. jdm whale intake, super clean wire tuck, headers, skunk 2 exhaust, skunk 2 one piece shocks and coils, nrg strut bar, fresh dr20's on new tires, etc I offered the guy 4.5k just wanted to know if it would be a good price and vehicle. I will post the guys add later tonight when I get home. But I'm really looking for a nice clean car and I think this is worth it even with a b16. Thanks for all and any input

Old 02-10-2012, 12:06 AM
HCF Member

This is the guys add
and it is a recon title.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/2835546395.html

Last edited by solisollie; 02-10-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:45 AM

4.5k without the correct motor (and something less powerful at that) and an R title? Kinda too late to know if it was a bad deal since you already put the offer on the table. For that car, I wouldn't pay more than $3.5K. If you crash it, insurance will give you almost nothing because of that title.

Also, good luck finding the wiring if anything goes wrong since it is tucked.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:11 AM
HCF Member

Yeah I told him I probably would offer so nothing is set in stone. Yeah it sucks but I'll see if I can talk him down. There just isn't a whole lot of good stuff for sale out here

Old 02-13-2012, 10:41 PM
HCF Member

idk if its too late since you seemed like you really liked it. But i have to agree with cvcrcr9.

For that money you could get another wrecked one for WAY cheaper and fix it on your own and come out with a way sicker car, imo. a modified car is gonna end up having weird issues and you have no history with the car so it will make trouble shooting a bit complicated, and it sounds like he did an engine swap to keep a better engine and is trying to sell the downgraded car for the same price still (just a guess, but a b16a? )

Old 02-14-2012, 06:00 AM

That's a good thought, but I doubt he swapped the motor just to keep one which would be slightly worth more. Plus the harness tuck in there would make it difficult to change out as motor and have it look as clean as it did.

My guess is either that he, or someone before him took **** care of the car, and the original motor blew.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:10 AM
HCF Member

Yeah I ended up not even checking it out due to him being lame and flaky so I told him not worry about it cause it wasn't that big of a deal for me. Plus after hearing everything you guys said it didn't sound like a good plan. but I did find something else and more practical since I have my 5 month old son and everything. I was thinking about offering the guy like 4,500 for this car but tell me if I'm wrong

Acura Integra Gsr sedan

I'm a big fan of the four doors and this has a stock gsr the only thing is that it is sitting on eilbach springs. I'm gonna check it out tonight at 8 so let me know what I should offer him cause I would love to have this car.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:16 AM

Other than the normal things to check for (timing belt servicing etc), I have no idea what "branded title" means.

Also, the car looks like it was repainted recently.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 AM
HCF Member

A branded title is basically the same as a reconstructed title ect. So it just depends if it was just a theft or if it was rebuilt. I'm gonna check the basic stuff of course and I'll have mechanic with me. But I just wanna know a solid idea to go off for an offer. It does look pretty clean though.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:08 PM

A 1994 Acura Integra with 167k on it and a non-clean title? Damn.. If that was a clean title, then the price is fair at like $4.5k at the very most. I still think that price is high, but the car does look clean.

A tainted title? I wouldn't pay more than $3.5k at the very most. People need to stop thinking that their car is worth gold.

Quick Reply: 98 integra