Non-Honda Discussion Discussion of all other makes and models takes place here!

yes, im a bum for not posting ae86 pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 PM
July 2010 ROTM

with paint and drivers seat recovered, it would be mint. its just that an sr5 is the "dpfi" of the toyota world. it needs a heart transplant. for me to keep from flogging it, it needs moar power. the 20/22r isnt drastic by any means. its got torques, whereas the 1.6l engines that are so commonly swapped into my chassis are rev happy, torqueless gutless little pieces of ****. the 22r displaces 2.4l, is sohc, and is carb'd. exactly what i want. torque which is used in the real world, and reliability. maybe i wont go so far as piaa lamp pods, but i def want to put a different spin on a car that is far too often a clone of what some fanboi thinks is cool.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Originally Posted by drbyers
You have a very rare and desirable car that's still in good condition. I would try to restore it to original mint condition, myself.
Originally Posted by MBrent
with paint and drivers seat recovered, it would be mint. its just that an sr5 is the "dpfi" of the toyota world. it needs a heart transplant. for me to keep from flogging it, it needs moar power. the 20/22r isnt drastic by any means. its got torques, whereas the 1.6l engines that are so commonly swapped into my chassis are rev happy, torqueless gutless little pieces of ****. the 22r displaces 2.4l, is sohc, and is carb'd. exactly what i want. torque which is used in the real world, and reliability. maybe i wont go so far as piaa lamp pods, but i def want to put a different spin on a car that is far too often a clone of what some fanboi thinks is cool.
This is good then. Get a replacement drivers seat...get the paint worked on a little...and BAM, she's done. I don't see this as being a super bad @ss rally car but if you say it has the torque to pull it through turns and what not then I say go for it if that's what you'd rather do. Personally I'd keep it "old school/classic jdm" and just lower it some on the wheels you have and maybe do something about the front bumper (like you were talkin about before) and just drive the dang thing That's just me though

Old 07-08-2011, 05:18 PM
July 2010 ROTM

only other option for me is to swap in a dohc nissan mill. sr or ka. i cant leave it stock. stock sucks. it needs my personal touch.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Personally, I wouldn't rally or drift any car that I cared about. At all.

Also, F20C or 2JZ-GTE swap. Do eeeet.

But seriously, put a KA or SR in that car and I'll lose all respect for you. The KA is a truck engine that eats its own timing chain guide and the SR is just poorly designed. If you must do a 4cyl Nissan engine, slap a CA in it.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:17 AM
HCF Member

You doods need to appreciate the true definition of mint (the opposite of rice):

JDM Legends explains love of cars from the Land of the Rising Sun — Autoblog

Old 07-11-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Mmm i'd kill for a 69 GTR Them are the sexiest "classic JDM" cars out there

Old 07-11-2011, 08:19 PM
HCF Member

Some woukd.say the same about civics and carollas...

Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

This is true I do love me some EF Civies

Old 07-11-2011, 08:31 PM
HCF Member

I wonder what a tricked out EF goes for compared to a mint skyline?

Old 07-11-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

...not even close im sure

[/threadjack?]

Quick Reply: yes, im a bum for not posting ae86 pics