Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Brake pad/rotor quality check

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:01 PM
HCF Member
Default Brake pad/rotor quality check

I need new brake pads and rotors for my rear wheels. So... yay for ebay!

Can someone just tell me if these look like decent quality, and if the prices are comparable to what I'd get by shopping in person? So far I have only looked online. I would do my own research, but I'm stuck at work and would love to order these asap, if they're decent.

Rotors here.

Brake pads here.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Brake pad/rotor quality check

Hawk makes some good pads, so without looking at what kind of pads they are i would they are good. I dunno about power slot, to me they sound like a generic company. For about $120 you can get brembo slotted or brembo blanks for like $40. Talk to Sam@missionspeed. I know he sells aftermarket pads and rotors.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:27 PM
HCF Member

kk, thanks Agent. You're my hero!

Old 04-18-2006, 05:03 PM

i just bought power slot rotors slotted.. have read alot of good reviews on these.. i got these just for fronts for now as rear will be disc conversion.. and hawk performance pads for front.. around 60 bucks.. rear i just got regular rebestos pads.. since most stopping power on my drums come from front..

Old 04-18-2006, 05:35 PM
HCF Member

I'm actually running Hawk front pads on my civic that i got from Sam@missionspeed. The brake pedal feels really firm now, but that might be because of the shoes that i changed at the same time. Brakes work fine however.

Old 04-18-2006, 06:05 PM
HCF Member

BTW when you change the pads remember that the caliper is not suppose to be pushed in with a c-clamp. The rear caliper is turned with a special tool that can be rented from autozone. This applies if there is an E-brake on the caliper. Some cars have a small drum brake assembly along with the rear caliper for the e-brake, but i don' t think civics have that.

Old 04-18-2006, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

Agent? May I fly you up here and keep you? I'll say that you followed me home. I could keep you in my pocket, and feed you crumbs and take you out when I needed to work on my car so you could stand over me and tell me what to do. I think it sounds wonderful.

Old 04-18-2006, 06:43 PM
HCF Member

You can't steal me, my mom would not approve. Its not that hard. If you were one of the kids in my auto class this is prolly where you would start to argue with me and say i was wrong. Then i walk away and come back 20 min later after the caliper is broken. I'm not kidding, that actually happened once.