Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

do i need a camber kit ;) ya, i know but NOT rear... for front. bad alignment...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 03:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default do i need a camber kit ;) ya, i know but NOT rear... for front. bad alignment...

WELL just got back from midas trying to get a alignment...
and well FIRST TIME i went they said i needed a drivers balljoint... so i quickly drove to napa autoparts warehouse and bought a replacement control arm/balljoint hurried home and riped off the old one and bolted up the new one and WENT BACK to midas......

THEN they slap it up and now i have ALITTLE play in the steering joints... ok no problem they said it was minor so i just told them to do thier best AS-IS.... so they computer the thing up... start up with the rear and OF COURSE THE REAR TOE ADJUSTERS are SIEZED!!!! BOTH OF THEM..... so nothing he can do for the rear..... so OK no HUGE problem just have to cut them out and replace the arms with new ones from honda like i did for my 99civic....

NOW they go to the front and well... drivers side (that i replaced upper control arm is fine) adjusted right up good.. BUT
passenger side is OFF and cannt be adjusted.... he says EITHER the frame is bent or MAYBE HOPEFULLY just that upper control arm is MAYBE bent...... at least thats what he says...

now he says ill probably have to buy some adjustable control arms so they can fix the alignment properly....

SO what im asking is what do you guys think?

TRY to buy a new upper control arm/balljoint and HOPE thats the bent part OR chalk it up and spend MORE money for adjustable control arms?

this is FROM lowered to STOCK struts/springs.... so thought for SURE my only problem would be those rear toe adjusters but SUPRISE.. fronts attach.... worst thing with the control arm is IF i do buy adjustable control arms then my neww control arm/balljoint will be a waste sucks when funds are tight!

i swear this 94civic is nickle and dimeing me to death!!!!!!! realy sucks... i swear after i fix something SOMETHING ELSE POPS UP.... preaty soon this car is gonna be preaty much new since i keep replacing things!

i try to start thinking about starting my own modifying and start planing things and POOF SOMETHING ELSE NEEDS FIXED

Old 10-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: do i need a camber kit ;) ya, i know but NOT rear... for front. bad alignment...

what ya think about.... wicked products?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WICKE...1646QQtcZphoto

ive been looking online and they seem preaty cheap and should have enough adjustment.........
im not realy into racing the car hard so i dont think i need something REALY tuff..... to warent spending afew hundred bucks more for skunk products.....

thinking about ordering the works from them.....

front camber/control arm,
rear camber adjuster,
rear toe adjuster....

figure i NEED the toe adjusters cause i will be lowering the car in the springs and lifting it back up for winters so would make it ALOT easier to tweak the alignment without worring about those toe adjusters siezing again!

i figure stock toe adjusters would still cost me 50bucks so id rather pay afew bucks more and get some adjsutables.......

what you guys think? good enough for a daily cruiser..... im not a racer so not gonna be pushing it hard....

Old 10-31-2007, 05:46 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: do i need a camber kit ;) ya, i know but NOT rear... for front. bad alignment...

hmm, looks just like a skunk2 front camber kit, lol, just blue. I'm sure they are fine.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya everything preaty much looks the same..... might not be as strong for crazy driving BUT for regular driving i dont see a problem.....

Old 10-31-2007, 06:13 PM
June 2010 ROTM

If you get that kit, you may want to add a "square washer" for added protection:
http://www.skunk2.com/s2_frnt_camber_compare.pdf

Old 10-31-2007, 06:23 PM

i've never heard of adjustable front lower control arms for our cars. only aftermarketfront lower control arm i know of is Omni, which isnt adjustable. i dont really know how an upper control could get bent unless it was in an accident where something came in contact with the fender smashing into the upper control arm.

as for that Wicked camber kit, personally i wouldnt get it. i wouldnt even get Skunk2. i'd buy a more well known brand name that has sturdy and trustworthy hardware. i've heard of many hardware issues with Skunk2's camber kit..

Old 10-31-2007, 06:27 PM
June 2010 ROTM

^lol, addiction is talking about the front upper control arm, which would be replaced with the camber kit.

And, I've heard nothing but good things about Skunk2.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:29 PM
mxs
HCF Member

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you probably won't notice that one degree of camber if it's just a daily beater.

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

i swear this 94civic is nickle and dimeing me to death!!!!!!! realy sucks... i swear after i fix something SOMETHING ELSE POPS UP....
it's a project car, what did you expect?!

Old 11-01-2007, 05:11 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i hear ya with the project car BUT this project car is starting to **** me off.......

main reason for the adjustable parts now would be cause eventualy i will get the ground control coilovers so i can drop it back down and lift it again for seasonal changes.....

ive seen some Ksport products on ebay but those are realy high... are they realy that much beter made?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kspor...6105QQtcZphoto
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KSPOR...spagenameZWD1V

it would run me about

400bucks for the Ksport kits
300bucks for skunk WITHOUT the toe adjuster cause i guess they dont make it...
150bucks for a SPC toe adjuster seperatly

or this wicked stuff for 280 for everything

but what kinda bad stuff you heard about the skunk camber products? and have you heard anything abad about that Ksports products? OR what would you sugest i get

ive thought about just buying a stock upper control arm to see if that fixes the problem BUT after thinking about it overnight i wonder if my lower control arm is bent which could be throwing off my camber and caster......
all the stupid stuff previous owner did to this car it wouldnt suprise me if he ran into a curb... could be the reason why it didnt have nice rims on it and just some aftermarket steelies.... tho he clearly had some hardcore rubbing issues with the larger tires he used to have!!!

i would just hate to buy a stock part and find out its not that part... and again i just wasted money. thats the main reason for the front camber kit.... and for the rear i know i could just use bolts and washers for the stock piece BUT when it comes to these honda bushings siezing up it might be best if i could AVOID touching anything with a bushing....

but main think RIGHT NOW is i want those rear TOE adjusters....... and my checks only like 250a week..... so i cannt realy spend anything over 200bucks right now. i already droped 75bucks for that other upper balljoint and 53bucks for alignment. thank goodness for a 10dollar coupon...... hahahahahahaha
so ill start out buying the TOE adjusters..... but what do you guys think? cheaper WICKED route or the more expensive Ksport or even more expensive the SPC toe adjusters?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPC-R...QQcmdZViewItem
spc toe adjuster is 170bucks...
Ksport adjuster is 120bucks.

the spc adjuster does look made the best and best bushing. but 2, 3X MORE $$

i may go ahead and buy the SPC toe adjusters tomorow and just buy the other front upper arm and rear camber adjusters in 2weeks. cause next week i have cable bill due.LOL
id rather not skimp on parts if they are superior......

so let me know what brand i SHOULD buy?
those are the only brands i can find on ebay... just cause its easier to find stuff on ebay... more sellers

Old 11-01-2007, 07:31 AM
June 2010 ROTM

Well my concern for you is that the alignment guy said that the toe adjuster was seized. If that is true, how are you going to get it out to put the new adjustable ones in??? Also, if you can get the stock ones out, that means that you can un-seize them, so then you wouldn't need the adjustables.

Quick Reply: do i need a camber kit ;) ya, i know but NOT rear... for front. bad alignment...