Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Rear wheel tilt

Old 08-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Default RE: Rear wheel tilt

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well heres my STOCK height pics.

looks to me like most are 24inches from highest part in fender arch..... tho mine wasnt and ISNT quite level still but its nothing noticably different. id inspect both sides of the rear and look at that top arm and see if thiers washers on the GOOD side... and see if thier are any on the BAD side.... if thier are none on the bad side.... and some on the good side.... just match the good size washer count.... BUT if they BOTH have the same washer count then thiers something bent thats throwing it off which it can very well be....
only way to determine is to realy check it out.... and if they match then you coudl TRY to remove the upper arm bolts again and add afew more washers AND A LONGER BOLT.... youll have to take the stock bolt to your local hardware store and match the threads up with a 1/4-1/2inch longer bolt... and try to get the camber about right by eye... then get a new tire and take the car in for a alignment...

can you get pictures of the lowering parts?
now that i think about it it MIGHT be adjustable coil overs.... then youd just have to adjust that side.... just maybe if they are adjustable the idiot didnt adjust them the same so that side is lower than the other which would give you that camber issue as well....

just one of those things thats realy hard to determine without seeing.LOL

Thanks for the pics. I was thinking that too about the adjustment if they are true coil overs. If that is the case which way do they need to be adjusted to straighten the wheel up? And how to do it? Thanks MXS I understand what you are saying. But this tire wear is from the camber of the rear wheel. Once I get the rear wheel more straight up and down, then we can get new tires and get it aligned.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Recognized HCF Member

if its a true coil over... youll see like two rings on the lower threaded shaft... it SHOULD come with 2 hook like tools to adjust them..... but you might not have them two tools... ya back off the lower one then simply crank up the top one which will lift the car alittle more...
now you can correct the toe this way BUT if its the washers that arent even or something is bent THEN your cars gonna sit HIGHER up on that side which will look preaty stupid...

Old 08-02-2007, 07:37 AM

Would an adjustable camber kit fix this issue?

Old 08-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member

why spend over 100bucks when it could cost under 50cents!