Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Tire Review Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 08:53 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default Tire Review Thread

Post reviews of your tires. We get the "what tires should I buy?" question a lot -- let's collect all our experience in one place. Street tires, race tires, snow tires, anything.

Please include the following information:
brand
model
size
where you bought them (optional)
appx. how long you have had them / how many miles
your review

Let's get a good thread going here!

Last edited by trustdestruction; 02-24-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:41 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: **OFFICIAL** Tire Review Thread

-Yokohama PARADA Spec-2 Ultra High Performance tires
-205/40/17
I have had them for about 6 months now and love them, very sticky in both dry and rain, the thread design is very aggressive and they are made of a VERY soft compound. I have hit a couple big pot holes and such and they stand up very well.

The only thing I dont like about them is the road noise, it was very noticible from going to stock tires to these. Its not to bad, but you can hear it if you pay attention to it.

For FULL write up including pics, performance ratings, Tire Rack review and customer reviews go to this link

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=Parada+Spec-2

[IMG]local://upfiles/2140/E88502E5B5CA4D918CBFB4BBE56D1C54.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-05-2006, 10:08 PM
HCF Member

I've been using Yokohama Avid H4 for years. I'm pretty happy with them, they have very good traction both wet and dry, very good mileage, reasonable noise, and reasonable price. I like them much better than very expensive Michelin, which came with my new Si.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:40 PM
HCF Member

I have 205/17 Essenza R's. They SUCK.

They're loud and they have terrible wet traction.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

hankook radial k106
got them on wbay with the rims
rode for about 1000 miles great especially in the rain these puppies grip

Old 09-25-2006, 11:01 AM
HCF Member

General Exclaim UHP 205/40/17
I've had these tires for about 5 months and they are one of the best tires I've owned for daily driving and performance. They ranked number 1 in the Ultra High Performance Summer category on Tirerack, and for good reason. They ride very smooth and are dead quiet, yet their cornering ability/stickiness is outstading. My stopping distances have decreased greatly and with no tire squeal whatsoever. Hydroplane resistance is excellent and tire wear is non-existent so far. Just an excellent tire for a good price and they even ranked higher than Michelin Pilots. Check out the reviews from tirerack here...

Old 09-26-2006, 03:31 PM
HCF Member

Kumho Ecsta SPT 195/50/R15
Bought at America's Tires
Driven 12K so far ......edit....I've got 20K and they are holding up great. Even tread wear...still sticky...still quiet
What they say..."A unidirectional UHP tire that provides new tire performance in wet and dry even after the tire is more than half worn. It delivers world class technology by combining grip, handling, comfort, exceptional wear and eye appealing characteristics."
I say STICKY. wet or dry these things rock. Quieter then my Bridgestones, no noticable wear yet with spirited driving, and I can't get them to loosen on tight turns. I'd buy them again in a heart beat. Cheap Ultra High Performance.
Why not TIRE RACK report

[IMG]local://upfiles/3798/C3E5ED37229D4FD29ACA0731DF415F26.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-01-2006, 05:28 PM
HCF Member

Same as Dogmeat

Kumho Ecsta SPT - 225/45/17

bought from tirerack.com

Have about 200 miles on them so far. Amazing tires. Grip the road like no other on dry roads. I havent had a chance to run them in rain yet. They are a little noisy on concrete bridges but thats about the only time I notice it. Would definently buy again. Cheap performance. You cant go wrong with that.

Also on my sister's Accord

Yokohama Avid H4 - 215/45/17

about 20k

Also a very good tire. Quit and grippy. Excellent tread wear. Great rain traction

Old 11-30-2006, 09:44 AM

had Kumho ECSTA AST
205/40/16
ok here is the basic overview-
Traction Dry- is best, top notch, no loss in grip at all...
Traction Wet- ok, could have been better, hydrolplained one time..
Ambient Noise- low speeds you hear it, high speeds, nothing...
Tire Wear- ok basically, if you want to know if you have any alignment problems buy these tires, they wear fast as **** unless you have god align your tires...

overall, great for dry handling...great if you want cheap performance tires to beat on...

Old 12-05-2006, 10:19 AM
HCF Member

nitto neogens. have had them for about a year and a half. very sticky. dont give you any noise what so ever when taking turns at high speeds. so dont push them too far because i was in a hurry one night and a curve came up too fast and they broke loose in the dry. wet tracktion is pretty good havent really tested that out and i dont really plan on it so try that out for your self. very sticky tire love the handeling it gives me. im guessing im going to get about two years out of them. but negative camber ate up the insides but, hope this helps.

Update...i bought these tires again!! so..return customer. dont mean to promote a site but discount tire direct was awsome. around 307 shipped. got free replacement on damaged tires and valve stems. not too bad of a deal. think it was 65 a tire or so. once again hope this helps.

205/40/17

Quick Reply: Tire Review Thread