tool list for changing brake pads & rotors -

Go Back > Civic Style > Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels

Welcome to the
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Default tool list for changing brake pads & rotors

Could someone please post a list of the tools one would need to replace brake pads and rotors on a Civic (mine is a 1997). I am a first-time DIYer and I will be doing this work (of course under the guidance of someone who is experienced). But, before we get started, I need to know which tools I have and which ones I will need to get on loan from the local auto parts store.

Assume I do not need to do a caliper rebuild at this time.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:55 AM
HCF Member
1999 Honda Civic

quick search on google and came up with these DIY's

Old 04-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Recognized HCF Member
1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500
My Garage

a quick run down is afew brake tools. spring stretcher, round circle tool to remove the pin and retainer, no idea what its called. and a Cclamp and abit of grease.
if you dont think you can do it yourself then take it to a pro brake shop and pay them!
you dont want to half@ss your brakes and get into a accident from it.
once again civic-less. but its better to have bills paid off than a extra vehicle.
till the next project civic i get- thank you and goodbye. i will return.

^supersize, thanks