Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Default Progress 22mm Rear Sway Bar

Product: Progress 22mm Rear Sway Bar
Distributor:eBay!
Vehicle: 2001 Civic EX Coupe
Cost: $130 shipped

Installation:
Installing the bar was a nightmare mainly because I had to make 4 trips to auto zone to pick up tools. Im also not the best at diy projects. The first problem I ran into was removing the bolts from the lower control arms. They both needed a vice clamp to hold one end of the screw to undo the nut. I tried to install the bar without removing the wheels which wasn't the best decision. After trying to allign the main screws to hold the tie brace on I finally decided to take off the wheels to make it easier to move the suspension arm. Pounding it with a hammer wasn't working well either. I ended using a jack to prop the suspension arm into place. One of the main bolts also got stripped when I was trying to screw it in due to allignment problems. Ace happened to have a bolt nearly identical that worked. It took longer than I hoped to install but it was fun.

Im sure after this experience I could get the bar on another car in under an hour with all the right tools.

Review: Initally my car had horrible body roll. With the bar taking corners is quite a bit more flatter. Especially in longer sweeping turns. The car used roll so much it would be uncomfortable just to take long gradual turns. The honda dealer said my front struts are leaking and will need replacing soon and the compliance bushings are torn. That doesn't help that handling at all... But I can say there is a noticable difference from stock to with the bar. I would recommend this product to anyone looking to minimize that annoying body and to make the car more fun to drive. It also looks pretty solid beneath the car and is of descent quality. 130 off of ebay i can't complain.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Default RE: Progress 22mm Rear Sway Bar

Name:  IMG_1359.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  51.5 KBName:  IMG_1360.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  107.6 KB

Here is the bar installed. Looks pretty good with the tie brace. Also a picture of the control arm.

The muffler started to rattle against the bar since the clearance is so little. I'll try and get that sorted out later though. only happens sometimes for a few seconds.