Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

Tranny slippage OBD code P0730

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Tranny slippage OBD code P0730

If you find that you need more information, just post again in this thread.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:36 PM

Ron,
this is not some easy or cheap issue..
there is no pan nor a filter that is accessible from the bottom! It is a throw away trans! that is what they refer to this anyway.

I went to the dealer whereI got it and they wont give me much for it as a tradethe way it is (of Course).
can't help me on repair costs said I probably won't hear anything good since it is over 100,000 miles...
NOT WHAT I WANT TO HEAR OF COURSE! THE car is only 6 years old!!!

there are a set of shift solenoids located on the outer housing of the trans but they cost about 300.00 to buy new and I don't have that.. they arefairly easy to put on.. my mechanic did not want to do anything with the car until we were sure what we wanted to doas per the warranty will be void if he touches it before dealer talks to me about what they can do about the situation...
calling tomorrow to talk turkey.. anyone else with a 2001 Honda civic should go here: YOU WILL BE SHOCKED!!!

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/C...01/index.shtml

review and report as needed I still have to update my interior problems and the fuel door latch issue people can learn a great deal from other peoples misfortune at least I am going to stay with used cars and research before i get into them any more.

I think I would rather buy a 10 year old car and see what problems that the car presents than to buy a new car new off the lot and spend all that money on it to find it is a POS.. I will not break that down, I may get ban from using the board...but it does not stand for POINT OF SALE>
I trusted Honda from years of great reputation... NOW I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THEM ..

thank you for the help..
I did research with the codes though a number of people who had the same codes. they had to replace the transmission... solenoid replacement did not resolve.. so I am learny about going that route.. possibly a public auction at this point...
buyer beware, but who would have thought!

Old 12-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Recognized HCF Member

I am truly sorry to hear about this unfortunate turn of events. Good luck with selling or repairing the car, whichever route you eventually take.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:43 PM

thank you Ron...
I will let you know how the resolve comes to be.. in any event.

I do appreciate the help.. you are right on the money when it comes to the area and angle to head down.. just wish it was not the end result in this case ..:-(
it is nice to know there are still people out there that know what they are doing and who care enough to help.
Keep up the great work it will be rewarded one day!

Old 03-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Exclamation Someone, anyone, everyone...please...help me!!!

I bought a used 05 Civic 1.7 A/T not knowing it had trans problems. At first, it was driving fine. Even took it up to Mt. Baldy to take my son to see snow for the first time a couple of months ago. But just last month, I was driving at Mission Viejo and all the drive gears were gone. Left the car there and came back a few hours later and I got to drive it again. Drove it 50 miles to home.
I checked the internet for recall but didn't find any. I changed the trans fluid with dw1. Noticed a whining sound coming from trans while on park or neutral. It drove good for the next 400 miles, then it happened again. But this time the check engine light turned on. Code was P0730 (Shift Solenoid)?
I read at another forum to change trans fluid again with dw1 but add 12oz of Lucas. Test drove it, hesitated to go to reverse and won't shift from 1st to 2nd while on drive. Whining sound is a little louder now. Could it be the torque converter causing these problem? If I replace the torque converter, will it fix the problem?

Old 03-03-2020, 06:10 PM
Default Hondacivic01

Same thing going on with me , is it the shift solenoids ??