Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Default RE: Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings

Two things:
1: I hammered in a larger socket into the bushing rather than cutting the tabs on the shaft. This enables me to keep the tabs on in case something falls off and eliminated the ackward cutting angles.
2: Does anyone know where I can get the lowest buching that is actually on the shifter? I thought it was in the kit, but it was not. I still have sloppiness after installing the Esusp kit. PM me if you have a source or part number.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:23 AM
HCF Member

Ive also got the energy suspenion bushings (shifter) for my car and from what i orginaly had in there was garbage> The bushings were shot to hell and back. So I had replaced the shifter bushings and wala i shaved some more time off at the track I would recomended them to anyone that needs them. I m going to post a reveiw in about 2 weeks on engine bushings and a couple of other things that I had installed in the past 6 months and not being able to drive at all till yestetrday. It was great. Getting back in the poilt seat again. Out****ingstanding.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:41 PM
HCF Member

Just wanted to add my $.02 here. I called my local speed shop, most any will stock/order Energy Suspension goodies. They had it in a local warehouse that they deal with, and had it in shop the next day. What did I pay? $9.00 and NO SHIPPING!!! Plus I helped a local guy, instead of the whizbang of the internetthingy. So, before you go just ordering stuff up online, check the local guys. You might be suprised.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:15 PM
HCF Member

well i guess that answered my question, i was looking at them for my car, but after reading this i'll have to get me a set... thanks for the info

Old 03-04-2007, 02:12 PM
HCF Member

mine came in the other day, hopefully i'll have time to stick em in over the next couple days, inbetween building a custom set of work ramps, ordering my cnc mill, powdercoating a buddies wheel hubs, and getting my new wheels and tires....

Old 04-28-2007, 12:48 AM
HCF Member

I just got mine in from AutoPartsWarehouse.com. I ordered them Wed night at about 11pm, and they a got here Friday before noon. I havent installed them yet, but I figured I would post up some pics of them. I am gonna try to do a DIY on installing them Monday.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:28 PM
HCF Member

O.K. I got them in today, and first I want to say how much easier it is to work on your car when you have a overhead lift.

Second, OMFG!!! They totally cleared up my shifter rattle. Took out all the slack, and play in the shifter. I love these things. Plus it only took about ten minutes to put them in.

Oh, and just FYI the torque specs for all three bolts on a 96-00 is 16 ft pounds.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:31 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: windcalmer

O.K. I got them in today, and first I want to say how much easier it is to work on your car when you have a overhead lift.
Where u get an overhead lift at? U got connections?