TV & Movie Review Dish out the latest info on your favorite tv shows and favorite flicks.

Top Gear US

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 09:44 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Scott53092
Not as funny as the Uk thats for sure, but the Viper thing was pretty sweet.
Of course it isn't as funny yet. It's the first season, Top Gear's first season SUCKED. Even the second season was just ok

Originally Posted by Paul79UF
I've read that they expect the later episodes in this season to start getting better as the team gets their rhythm.

I still haven't seen the original Top Gear past the first season. I need to catch up.
I hope that's true. I hope the find their own identity, cause if they just try to copy Jeremy, James, and Richard, the show will fail.

You haven't even watched any real Top Gear!! The first season is the only season not worth watching lol. They don't even have James May yet

EDIT:

Just watched it

Originally Posted by Forty04
I really didn't think it was that bad. You can't expect it to be anything like the original. The UK version has a big budget and amazing cinematographers. The US team seemed very awkward but I'm sure they'll warm up. Really, it seemed like they just needed to relax.

All that being said, Tanner Foust has the personality of a wet paper bag. I'm not exactly sure how drifting qualifies you as a "world class driver" either. I thought it was painfully obvious that Clarkson and the boys were way better drivers than Foust. Again, this could be mostly due to better cinematography as well.

I for one will be giving it an honest chance
That is one MASSIVE understatement

But I agree with you, I thought it was worth watching, and I will continue to watch it. I have a feeling it's just gonna get better and better as they find their own personalities and settle into the rhythm of the show.

Last edited by Superfly; 11-24-2010 at 11:10 AM.