General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Shifting auto like a manual

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 10:26 PM
BXT
Default Shifting auto like a manual

Hey, just recently got a 97 Gli 4-door sedan with 50,000km, it’s an auto, was wondering how my transmission will cope with shifting like a manual. I have little knowledge of civics and dont know whether the gearbox can take being shifted from 1,2,D3,D4. I’ve never shifted all the way through while im driving, just because i dont want to do things to the gearbox when i dont know what kind of damage it might be doing, but i have dropped from d4 to d3 when doing pulls. Any info helps, Thanks

Old 05-03-2024, 06:55 AM

Switching from automatic to manual gearboxes can be a challenge, but with the right practice and patience it can be done smoothly. Of useful tips Shifting gears requires precise hand movements. Keep one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the gearshift lever. Use a firm grip to ensure smooth transitions. Learn where the gears are in your new gearbox. Many manual transmissions have an 'H' layout that indicates the position of the gears. Shifting gears requires precise hand movements. Keep one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the gear lever. Use a firm grip to ensure smooth transitions.

Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM
BXT

I never said I swapped to a manual gearbox??? I was just asking what kind of damageim doing to my gearbox and how will my auto gearbox cope with shifting through 1, 2, D3 and D4. I wish it was manual, as it would make the car twice as fun to drive, but it is an automatic