SilverStar bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 05:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: SilverStar bulbs

ORIGINAL: fastman90

But in all seriousness, most aftermarket lights (excluding HID's) are all really the same, they all meet the same standards, they will all be the same brightness (or very close), the only difference is the color, and I would much rather have the white light of silverstars than many other blue-ish aftermarket lights.
Uhhhhhh no. there is NO comparison between HID and halogens... absolutely no comparison... I have 8k HIDs in my civ and they absolutely blow the pants off anything less. If halogens and HIDs were the same quality, no one would even consider spending the price they do for them.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:05 PM
HCF Member

I had silverstars on my civic b4 i got HID's and i think the silverstars suck....buy some HID although mopre expensive its def. brighter and makes your civic look good. After i put the HIDs on i broke the silverstar bulbs just to hear the pop sound, it was like justice for me.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:17 PM
HCF Member

Hey you gotta post a picture of where your CAI actually sits.... is yours directly below battery and as low as the radiator fan?

And how does your car run in the rain? Does it act funny? I have a 04 LX sedan and you are the first person with a CAI that I have seen. Whoa sorry for the thread jack... I will PM you knaub

Old 11-14-2006, 04:45 PM
HCF Member

yah PM me and ill answer any ?'s you got....besides that....Sliverstar eh? i give them one *......nevermind i take it back i give them to a trash can! MWAHAHAHA!

Old 11-14-2006, 05:09 PM
HCF Member

I have read before that HID headlights with a kelvin rating of 8000 are not as bright. The most pure output of light and the brightest HID is 4300K anything higher or lower reduces pure light output.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:35 PM
HCF Member

Yeah between 4-6 is going to be the best because they range through yellow to white... I think my 6k are seriously the best ones because of pure light that FLOODS the road. I had 8k for about 3 months but they cant even hold a candle to 6k that I put in 2 weeks ago... 8ks are just so blue that they dont travel well and they arent very good in fog... it is like a creepy disney movie!

Old 11-14-2006, 06:26 PM
HCF Member

I hear what you say TheMoogly and your pimp hand is strong....blue def. isnt good at night usally 6k is the way to go....

Old 11-14-2006, 07:07 PM
HCF Member

What is a pimp hand?! Sounds like a funny word..

Old 11-14-2006, 10:09 PM

I just bought the silverstar bulbs this weekend at a sell at advance auto parts. I dropped them in all I did was move the battery out of the way and install the bulbs. The drivers side was a little difficult to get to because my hands are a pretty big size but it was worth the work. They look great and help vision alot although I did expect them to be a little bit more blue instead of such a bright solid white color.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:34 PM
HCF Member

you SHOULD have enough room to install the bulbs without removing your battery, brake fuild resovoir, ect. I never did and it wasnt a problem...... but the only real difference i saw with the silverstar bulbs was a minor color, besides that the stock is pretty much the same.....my advice is to drop the sliverstars and get some HID's....outside appearce is better and they are brighter.

Quick Reply: SilverStar bulbs