Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

lengths of wire?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Default lengths of wire?

Can someone tell me what lengths of wire I would need for an aftermarket amp in the trunk of an 01-05 coupe?
*power wire - battery to amp
*RCA wire - HU to amp
*speaker wire - amp to door speakers

Old 10-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Default RE: lengths of wire?

you should go out and buy a wiring kit, it will come with everything you need, and a ton of wire so you will have extra

Old 10-17-2006, 02:32 PM
HCF Member

what he said^^

Old 10-17-2006, 02:37 PM

Well could someone at least tell me how long the RCA needs to be? Long story but I need to know that.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:47 PM

you dont just make an rca, they are premade with the ends, just get one that will come in an amp wiring kit, they usually come with 2 of them

Old 10-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

you can always get rcas to long and just loop them around..... but if its to short

as well with the power cable....... just measure out 1 1/2 of your car length and get a wire that long! the extra so you can route it where you want... most kits cut the wire realy short! so best to buy all your cables seperate! just be sure to put a fuse up front as close to the battery as you can!

Old 10-18-2006, 08:52 AM

So no one knows the minimum RCA length? No 7th gen people have installed an amp?
ORIGINAL: ef4life

you dont just make an rca, they are premade with the ends, just get one that will come in an amp wiring kit, they usually come with 2 of them
Yep, and I never implied that you make them. Been using them for 20 years.
Thanks for the advice on the amp kit and all, and no offense but I wasnt really asking for any advice. Just a simple question requiring a quick number answer. But thanks.

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

you can always get rcas to long and just loop them around..... but if its to short
As I mentioned before, I don't want a bunch of extra if possible.

Old 10-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Administrator

i have a 7th gen but i just bough the kit...i dont know what you want us to say man

Old 10-19-2006, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: My04Civic

i have a 7th gen but i just bough the kit...i dont know what you want us to say man
Sorry but I don't think it could make it any more clear. The minimum lenght of RCA wire to run from the headunit to the trunk. If you just bought your kit, then no, you don't know. I didn't think I was forcing you to say anything.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member

why must you know the exact length?

id think if you have the car and have some string or something just lay it out and run it where you want it..........

plus thiers still a 5ft difference with runing them in the trunk from which side you end up puting the amp on.....

just remember it can be long but cannt be short

i dont see why this is such a problem............
you can tuck extra wire under the carpet, behind the dash, behind the trim panels.... a few tf of cable isnt gonna make a difference!

Quick Reply: lengths of wire?