HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual & Electronics (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Halo Headlight question??? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/halo-headlight-question-63592/)

jlg32281 04-05-2008 11:58 AM

Halo Headlight question???

I bought my wife some of the ebay halo light for her 02 civic ex because here stockers were glazed over and dim. Well, I've installed them, but they didn't come with any adjustment instructions. Iwanted to know which screw does what (tilt, move up or down, move side to side, tilt side to side, brights). If anybody has a diagram or instructions on how to adjust them, I would appreciate it. They also didn't come with any instructions to wire up the LED part. There are just two small red wires hanging out of each one. I assume they need an in-line fuse or something and then just apower and ground. Any suggestions or tips on fuse size or other wiring tips? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

chickmagnet4x 04-06-2008 04:25 AM

RE: Halo Headlight question???

Well i just took my halos and spliced them in with my running lights to avoid the in-line fuse. and i would also like to know how to adjust my headlights.

cyberx32 04-06-2008 09:20 AM

you adjust it with those little wheels on the back of the headlight, im not sure which way it is, so just do it in the night and use trial and error. And for the halos, you can just wire them into your parking bulbs, or you could run a wire and get a switch to turn them on wheneever you want.

jlg32281 04-08-2008 04:00 PM

So nobody knows which screw controls which movement? And what size fuse did somebody use on the halo?

dragoncivicsi 04-08-2008 05:02 PM

on my halo's the adjustment screws are obvious, i'm sure if you give it a good look you can tell how to adjust them. usually takes a screwdriver to adjust, w/o pics we cant help much. for the halos, since theyre only leds they dont need a large fuse, i think i used a 7 or 10 amp fuse.

mill$civic 04-08-2008 05:46 PM

Each headlight is different, what you need to do is point your headlights at a wall at night and play with the different screws in the back and see what does what, it will move the light beam very slow, so watch for it. For the halos, you can splice it into your running lights in that case you don't need a fuse, but if you are going to run them to a switch inside your car, you only need like a .5 amp fuse. Thats what I have on my leds in my car.

cyberx32 04-08-2008 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: jlg32281

So nobody knows which screw controls which movement? And what size fuse did somebody use on the halo?
lol wow we all gave you an answer and you still complain?