HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual & Electronics (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   Help turn signal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/help-turn-signal-94929/)

sageknight 02-19-2013 11:05 AM

Help turn signal

please help my passanger side turn signal will blink but wont stay idle iv changed the bubs and am trying to complety take out the wires to diagnose where the problem is but any help would be nice thanks in advance!:D oh i have a 95 civic dx btw

cvcrcr99 02-19-2013 01:06 PM

Have you checked fuses?

sageknight 02-20-2013 10:04 AM

i havent but its been on my list, wouldthe fuse do that? cause it blinks but doesnt stay idle

cvcrcr99 02-20-2013 10:10 AM

If parking lights are not working only. I believe there is a fuse for that. There is another fuse separate for the turn signals, and then another for the hazards IIRC.

mk378 02-22-2013 10:08 AM

What do you mean "blinks but won't stay idle"?

Like cvcrcr said, the front corner bulbs on a 95 are dual filament. One is bright for the blinker and the other one is steady dim when the light switch is on. If the latter filament burns out the blinker will work normally but the bulb won't light up with just the light switch on. If that's what you are talking about, it's almost certainly a bad bulb. New parts aren't necessarily good parts.

If you press the hazard (4-way flasher) button, all the bulbs should blink the same.

Do not take all the wires out. Understand the problem first.

sageknight 02-26-2013 10:03 AM

it blinks but when the trun signal is on itdoesnt stay on, when hazards are on they all blink like they are supposed too, i have an extra bulb ill go try it outt

sageknight 02-26-2013 10:07 AM

alsoo what parts do i need to completly redo my front end i was gonna change my wheel bearings andi digure while im in there i should redo all of it, its all oldand rusty, i wasgonnamake anew thredin the diy section but for some reason it wont let me

sageknight 02-26-2013 01:01 PM

i swapped thebulbs no change maybe theguy at the autozone gave me the wrong bulbs and the driver side stays on so whywouldnt the passenger

cvcrcr99 02-26-2013 04:12 PM

Does the bulb you installed have two filaments? Again, have you checked fuses?

DIY section is for approved guides, not conversations. Make a new thread if you have a completely new topic. However, if you ask "what parts do you need to replace a bearing?", I am going to say "a bearing". Fronts should be pressed in and out, not something I recommend doing yourself.

mk378 02-26-2013 07:26 PM

You need a press to replace the front wheel bearings-- if you don't have one it is practical to take the knuckle / hub / bearing assembly off of the car and bring it to a shop along with the new bearing and pay them to press it for you.